Reporting to the Interim Vice President, Procurement, the Interim Director, Procurement Governance and Special Projects will coordinate and execute change implementation and standardize processes and training for (a) procure to pay, (b) sourcing, (c) supplier performance.
Working closely with the Strategic Sourcing and Regional Procurement team, the Director, Procurement, Governance and Special Projects will aim for optimal procurement service delivery. The postholder will be awarded a fixed term contract of 14 months with access to benefits and bonus health and dental.
This role is multi-faceted looking after P2P processes, creating best practise procurement governance, and embedding that into the organisation as well as taking the lead on implementing ESG &DEI initiatives. This is a newly created role, and so this presents a great opportunity for someone to come in, develop the road map for success, building internal relationships and implementing strategy process governance and policy.
We are open to your industry sector experience, but we are looking for change makers and candidates who have demonstrable experience of the key areas listed below. We are looking for someone to start in December so candidates immediately available or able to start at short notice are preferred.
Site based in Markham 5 days a week.
Competitive base + Bonus 10% + Dental and Health
The key responsibilities will include:
Expertise and Program Development:
• Develop robust, trusting relationships with key stakeholders and senior leadership, and identify opportunities to improve upon best practices and P2P process.
• Oversee the direction of processes, governance training initiatives and implementations.
• Maintain excellent relationships with external and internal customers and serve as an escalation point for issue resolution, taking a strategic approach to building and maintaining key relationships.
• Take ownership of Special Projects, e.g., integration of M&A-related Purchasing content on facilities, suppliers, people, and processes.
• Work cross-functionally with Sourcing and Regional procurement to share and disseminate updates on an ongoing basis, providing periodic updates.
• Driving ongoing enhancements around Supplier Diversity and ESG subjects including Carbon Footprint reductions.
• Develop and implement contract management, supplier scorecards, procurement frameworks, sourcing strategies, negotiate agreements, draft, and manage contracts, etc.
• Set up and maintain overall procurement training programs with detailed materials and implementation plans to elevate the skills, and capabilities cross-functionally.
• Improve the flow of information to and from suppliers, internal customers, and partners.
• Participate in the hiring, training, supervision, mentoring, and performance evaluations of the governance team.
• Responsible for leading initiatives by developing a playbook for sourcing, vendor data integration, ESG, and DEI adoption by procurement.
• Ability to be able to understand the intricacies of each technology, process, software or tool when it comes to procurement across GIP’s ERP systems.
• Stay informed of advances in Procurement technology and Digitalization approaches and apply them within the organization for constant improvement.
• Establish a SharePoint procurement site accessible by business operations for speed and efficiency in engaging with procurement. Ownership of data, links, and information (e.g., national contracts, pricing matrix, etc.) on the site while increasing adoption across the organization.
• Ownership of JDE procurement data (accurate and accessible)
• Maintain procurement governance documents and functional templates with the latest market shifts (i.e. Procurement Policy, Supplier Code of Conduct, Subcontractor terms, PO Terms and conditions, NDA, Contracts, Commercial details, etc).
• Collaborate with Finance and Procurement teams to document Procure-to-Pay process maps and updates.
• Awareness of and the ability to monitor changes to the business environment (e.g., commodity prices, exchange rates, allocation etc.) in order to support the sourcing and regional procurement team.
• Highlight and prepare a summary for potential procurement impact as well as identify supply chain-related optimization opportunities.
• Report on procurement team skills, experience, education, capability scorecard and development framework.
• Report on P2P Compliance, PO Data Quality, Procurement Efficiency/Utilization.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Procurement process and Project Management with at least 5 years in a managerial role.
• Establish connections and rapport with various business units within the organization, while working together with internal procurement team members.
• Self-disciplined with the ability to prioritize competing priorities.
• Proven ability to successfully apply project and change management tools and methods.
• Sound knowledge of procurement, strategic sourcing, market research, benchmarking, economic analysis, risk management, customer service, contracting and contract management principle.
• Strong negotiation and influence skills with an ability to communicate professionally in tense situations and conflicts.
• Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem-solving.
• Results-driven with an ability to deliver success in a fast-paced environment.
• Outcome-focused, critical thinker with the ability to analyse and visualize to ensure continuous improvement across our business.
• Ability to connect and interact with people to seek different perspectives.
• Superb communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities.
• Demonstrate versatility and resourcefulness in overcoming business challenges.