Our client is a very successful FMCG manufacturing business producing well-known brands. They have retained Langley to find an Interim Head of Indirect Procurement to lead a small team. The role will be home based initially with some travelling to sites (including London) & around the UK as Covid restrictions are eased. The role reports to the CPO and will have particular emphasis on the following category areas: HR, Professional Services and Travel & Expenses categories.
You will have the following:
- Deep category experience of the HR, Professional Services and T& E Categories of spend – please do not apply if you do not have this experience!
- The ability to develop and deliver source/category plans in these areas
- Team leader skills – leading , developing and mentoring
- A high level of influencing and communication skills
- Ideally you will have delivered in an FMCG manufacturing environment
- Resilient – able to deliver and change ways of working, taking key stakeholders with you
- Ideally CIPS qualified or equivalent, degree level
- Act as a role model for the rest of the team – not interested in the glory
This will be an immediate start (6 month contract initially) and a competitive day rate is offered dependent on experience .
For further information please email your CV, availability and last/current day rate to Christina.Langley@langleysearch.com quoting 7696/INTERIM/CL.
Langley Search & Interim supplies Interim Heads of Indirect Procurement, Procurement Managers in the UK. Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in procurement, supply chain, operational excellence and transformation roles across the UK, Europe and internationally. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, FMCG, Industrial & Manufacturing, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in procurement, supply chain, operational excellence and transformation jobs Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates.
Key skills and areas: procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, HR procurement, professional services procurement, Travel & Expenses Procurement, Contract negotiation, supplier relationship management SRM, vendor management, stakeholder management, purchasing
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive for posted roles, unfortunately we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we have not been in contact within a week, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We thank you for your continued interest in working with Langley Search & Interim.