My client is seeking to hire a Supply Chain Buyer. 9-month fixed term contract, pro-rata salary in the region of £25 – £29K with great benefits. Nottingham based with hybrid home working
The primary focus of the supply chain buyers is to ensure all orders are delivered on time in full to warehouses whilst maximising product and stock availability levels. Working with the UK and globally based suppliers you will align orders with demand plans, order book sales and lead times.
Partnering with purchasing, demand planners and suppliers you will resolve issues in a proactive manner and implement new supply chain processes and procedures to increase the performance of your product category.
This is a hybrid, home and office-based role, typically on a 2/3 split per week.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for ordering and delivery of finished goods and products within a specific product category
- Manage Purchase orders (PO) taking into account lead times, forecasts and market trends
- Collaborate with Demand Planning and Supply Planning colleagues to review and agree on short and medium-term forecasts
- Minimise out of stocks, shortages and supply issues
- Day to day supplier relationship management
- Develop resolutions for supply chain, delivery, supplier performance and product quality issues
- Optimise MOQ’s, MOV’s, EOQ’s taking into account lead times and demand forecasts
Whom we are looking for:
A demonstrable history of buying/ purchasing / procurement/supply chain career success
Proven track record of sourcing finished goods from a global supply base
Able to align your purchasing responsibilities with the broader supply chain & business needs
Knowledge of forecasting, demand planning, supply planning, stock, inventory
Comfortable working with a range of stakeholders, able to influence suppliers and colleagues
Awareness of Air, Sea and Road-based shipping and their impact on costs and availability
Advance or intermediate Excel user
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Applicants must be able to work and remain in the UK for at least 12months
Overseas applicants / those who need sponsorship will not be considered
What’s on offer?
Pro-rata salary in the region of £25 - £29K
Initial 9 months fixed term contract assignment
Hybrid work location. Typically 2/3 days per week at home / in the office.