Langley Search & Interim is proud to be partnering exclusively with London Metropolitan University to recruit a Head of Procurement to lead the team into the next exciting phase of its growth.
About The University
Transforming lives through excellent education
London Metropolitan University is a striving and ambitious institution committed to transforming the lives of its students through excellent education.
We are committed to making education available to people from all walks of life, creating and advancing social justice, social mobility and access to opportunity and professions. Our graduates benefit personally, but also contribute to society, culture, public service, and the economy in all areas of London, the UK and around the world.
About The Post
We are looking to recruit a Head of Procurement who will be responsible for leading, developing and delivering an outstanding procurement service to support budget holders using a business partnering approach that champions and supports the achievement of best value in procurement activities.
The successful candidate will support, encourage, and nurture excellent procurement and contract management practices across their immediate team and the wider stakeholder group. Applying your procurement knowledge combined with an understanding of the University’s needs and priorities, you will be able to advise, train and coach the team and others to ensure and inspire a high level of performance and high standards in contract management approaches.
- You will plan and design a strategic approach to operational delivery University-wide, improving levels of service to ensure optimal and consistent delivery.
- You will deliver value for money through procurement activity, ensuring quality and timely delivery, risk management strategies accompanied by appropriate contracts.
- You will keep up-to-date and will advise budget holders and other colleagues on statutory and regulatory procurement requirements.
- You will take a proactive approach in preparing for procurement changes and developing new processes following the Green Paper consultation.
- You will ensure all members of the procurement team undertake a stakeholder relationship management approach to achieve a high standard of continuity and service delivery.
- You will develop the procurement pages on the LMU intranet to facilitate easy access to procurement documentation, guidance, and processes.
- You will contribute to the review, design and improvement and update of all Procure-to-Pay systems and processes to better support decision-making.
- You will identify training needs for the team and contribute to their development including mentoring, coaching and delivery of training sessions, demonstrating on-going commitment to Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- You will be responsible for maintaining the University’s procurement framework.
- You will monitor and develop procurement processes to seek to deliver continuous improvement and efficiencies.
- You will champion and support supplier due diligence, ethical attributes, and objectives in line with university objectives.
- You will work with the University’s contract administrators and contracted providers to strive for continuous improvement in contractor performance.
- You will be a highly motivated individual, passionate about best practice procurement and committed to delivering results with high precision and accuracy.
- You will have procurement leadership experience and/or senior category management experience in procurement within a higher education or related public sector procurement environment.
- You will have experience of driving transformational change.
- You will be a proven influencer who naturally builds rapport and is comfortable developing strong relationships at a senior level.
- You will have expert-level negotiation skills with experience negotiating high profile contracts.
- Hybrid working
- Generous leave entitlement
- LPFA (London Pensions Fund Authority) pension
- Free employee eye tests and discounted spectacles through our eye care voucher scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after completing probationary period)
- Tax-efficient salary sacrifice schemes for childcare vouchers, cycles and cycling equipment
- A broad range of formal and informal development opportunities to enhance your career
Permanent / Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Location: Holloway (Tower Building/Remotely)
This position closes for applications on Thursday 20th October at 12pm and interviews will be held the following week (w/c Monday 24th October).
For further information please contact:
Simon Burr, Associate Director, Public Sector Practice | Langley Search & Interim | T: 0333 366 0839 | E: email@example.com