Are you interested in assisting the CFO with building a Greenfield Procurement function, adding value to the wider business, and making savings? If so, this is your chance!
Our client a leading Retail Organisation is looking for an experienced and influential procurement professional to develop and implement a Greenfield Procurement function on a 12-month FTC with a chance for the role to go permanent.
The Procurement Lead will report to the CFO and assist in building a robust best practice procurement function.
The culture of the company is open, professional, and accountable. This individual will have the responsibility of implementing strategic sourcing and category management. In addition, this individual will have experience building a function from Greenfield influencing and educating busy senior managers about best practice procurement.
You will have experience developing procurement functions; in addition, experience sourcing across Indirect & Direct. Rapidly sourcing information, engaging with key stakeholders, analysing spend, and creating workable processes and policies to result in tangible cost reductions.
The ability to demonstrate the value of strategic procurement to the key stakeholders and provide evidence of cost savings via a more considered purchasing plan.
- Ability to and evidence of rapidly coming to strong commercial conclusions.
- Indirect Procurement experience.
- Experienced in developing Greenfield strategic procurement plans.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong experience in making tangible savings and cost avoidance that affect the bottom line.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Skilled negotiator specifically within Indirect procurement.
- Ability to and experience in influencing commercial decisions at board level
- Strong Excel and IT skills are essential,
For more information about this exciting role and if you meet the criteria, please submit your details without delay to email@example.com quoting MB/7919.
Langley Search & Selection (langleysearch.com) is the leading specialist recruiter in the procurement, supply chain and purchasing field. We manage permanent and interim procurement and supply chain jobs across the UK, Europe and globally for our clients, from large global multinationals to SMEs