These roles come with an excellent benefits package including a Local Authority pension scheme, attractive holiday allowance and the potential for flexible / home working. You will also benefit from investment in CIPS training and development.
This is an opportunity to work for a Local Authority who are driving a CSR agenda, including a focus a sustainable procurement. Also as recognition of the excellent work the procurement function is delivering the team is CIPS Corporate Certified and received the accolade of ‘Team of the Year’ in the councils’ internal awards.
These opportunities report into the Head of Procurement and will have management responsibility for Procurement Category Officers.
The key deliverables for the role are:-
- Managing a number of category projects at any given time; looking to redefine the Council's needs and requirements in order to ensure the best possible service delivery models
- Leading commercial negotiations with suppliers on all contracts in line with EU requirements
- Proactively seeking new opportunities for the Council to buy and deliver services in new and more efficient ways
- Demonstrating a strong people/project management focus
Specific Category Criteria:-
Construction Procurement Category Manager – Experience of Construction and FM works and services procurement. A working knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of contract would be advantageous as well as a background of working in or with the Public Sector / Local Authorities, Housing Association or ALMOs.
Corporate Procurement Category Manager – Experience of working across general indirect category spend areas such as ICT, Professional Services or Public Realm as well as a background in Public Sector procurement.
In conjunction with this, core competencies include:-
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience of procurement best practice and commercial delivery within a centralised function.
- Knowledge of category management and its commercial value coupled with the ability to challenge the ethos, influence and deliver best value
- Experience of working to PCR2015 / OJEU in an EU procurement compliant environment.
- Experience in Relationship Management, including supplier management, customer/stakeholder management, KPIs and continuous improvement.
- Degree qualified, CIPS qualified or equivalent
For further information please submit your details in a Microsoft Word format to email@example.com or call +44(0)844 847 8336 quoting reference 7601NR.
Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in procurement and the supply chain across the UK, Europe and internationally. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in procurement and supply chain jobs, Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive for posted roles, unfortunately we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we have not been in contact within a week, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We thank you for your continued interest in working with Langley Search & Interim.