Senior Buyer required to join a successful and growing Nottingham based organisation who are expanding and investing within their Procurement & Supply Chain operation.
Permanent role: Hybrid, home & office (Nottingham) based, typically on a 2/3 split. Salary in the region of £31 - £37K with benefits.
The Senior Buyer joins a market-leading organisation who are rapidly expanding and facing increased supply chain complexity. Based within the procurement function the team identify and maximise business success by collaborating with key suppliers.
Responsible for a key product category the Senior Buyers will maximise product availability and quality, lead new product introductions and developments, maintain and improve supplier performance whilst negotiating competitive terms from a global supply base.
Overall you will closely collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to maximise profit, minimise costs, build win-win relationships with key suppliers and ensure your area of category spend is performing to the highest level.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage key category purchases with a global supply base
- Proactively deliver cost reductions and margin improvements through negotiating with existing suppliers and identification of new / alternative supply partners
- Negotiate pricing, rebates, supplier contracts, supply chain KPIs etc
- Management of NPI and NPD ensuring the highest levels of quality assurance and product availability
- Optimise MOQ’s, MOV’s, EOQ’s taking into account lead times and demand forecasts
- Category Risk Management, analyse and identify risk throughout the supply chain, implement contingency plans to minimise / eliminate potential pitfalls
- Continually identifying new suppliers, products and trends to remain at the forefront of industry innovation
Who we are looking for:
- Extensive buying, purchasing, procurement etc. success gained during your career to date
- Proven track record of sourcing from a global, European, Far East etc. supply base
- Demonstrable history of Category Management
- Understanding of how purchasing impacts the broader business, able to work with internal and external stakeholders to maximise category performance and minimise risk
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills are essential
- Able to balance differing business objectives and identify suitable purchasing strategies to suit the success of the boarder organisation
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Applicants working towards CIPS or those already CIPS / MCIPS qualified are of high appeal
- You must be eligible to work and remain in the UK on an indefinite basis. Applicants requiring sponsorship or relocation assistance cannot be considered, due to the high volume of UK based jobseekers
What is on offer?
Salary from £31 to £37K P/A
Pension, Life Insurance, Medical Insurance, Hybrid Work offering a 3 /2 split
The chance to join a financially stable, growing organisation offering great career prospects
Langley are a diverse, minority-owned business and we are passionate about promoting diversity and equality. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, disability status or gender and particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds.
Unfortunately, due to the high levels of response we receive, we are often unable to personally respond to every application.