Buyer, required to join an FMCG company in Essex / East London., permanent role, salary in £30 - £35K with a great benefits package
The Buyer is responsible for direct spend accross: Packaging, ingredients, raw materials and finished goods for multiple, FMCG, manufacturing sites. Due to the autonomous nature of the business the Buyer will be given high levels of autonomy and will manage both tactical / day to day buying and strategic sourcing
What you will do:
- Procurement for the packaging and ingredients portfolios
- Support strategic sourcing activity, negotiating, executing and managing the contractual agreements with suppliers
- Negotiate terms at the lowest cost with the best quality and service
- Raising and placing of purchase orders
- Partner with marketing and suppliers for new packaging changes, special promotions packs etc.
- Support packaging and ingredient innovations across the broader business
- Manage a portfolio of third party suppliers
- Provide insight and market trends to contribute to the packaging budget
- Price maintenance, Supplier set up, Packaging and Ingredient code set up.
- Tender management assistance / Resolving Queries / Support the Procurement team
Who we are looking for:
Demonstrable history of purchasing, procurement and buying career success
Ideally you will have existing packaging and / or ingredients buying responsibility
Your buying career to date will ideally have been within a FMCG, or similar fast moving sector
Your CV will demonstrate your mix of Strategic and Tactical sourcing skill sets
Proven ability to negotiate with suppliers
Excel: Applicants must be able to analyse and manipulate data to a high standard.
Knowledge of JD Edwards is beneficial
Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with suppliers and work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
Due to the volume of suitable local, UK based, job seekers overseas applicants will not be considered
Applicants MUST be able to work and remain in the UK on an indefinite /long term basis with no restrictions
What is on offer:
Salary in the region of £30 - £35K
A generous benefits package including: Private Health, Pension, Life Insurance etc, Bonus and more..