My Client a leading Professional Services Firm is currently looking for a specialist Category Manager focusing on IT. The IT Category Manager will report to the Head of IT Procurement helping internal stakeholders gain best value from their spend portfolio. You will join the current team in delivering strategic and procurement projects in Hardware, Software & Professional services categories.
You will work closely with the Technology department to run tender processes, contract negotiations and ongoing vendor management. You will get immediately involved in projects that are currently running and must be able to manage procurement projects to tight deadlines.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to step up within their career wanting to see a diverse set of projects and experience technology, sourcing and procurement with an amazing brand.
- Sourcing and procurement experience, across the categories of IT, Software & Hardware
- Building relationships with key divisions and individuals to ascertain and understand stakeholder, business and customer requirements, strategy, challenges and opportunities.
- Experience in developing best practice governance, procedures and policies which protect the business from risk
- Personable & consultative, able to build relationships with internal & external stakeholders of all levels.
- Experience working in blue-chip organisations.
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Procurement technical skills including negotiation skills, contract drafting, drafting of relevant RfPs etc and use of category management techniques in setting category plans
- The ability to draw together requirements across multiple or individual business units and gain consensus on the procurement plan from the business
- Excellent interpersonal/influencing skills.
For further information please email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 333 366 0839 quoting MB//7823.
Langley Search & Interim is a specialist search firm and interim provider of Procurement and end-to-end Supply Chain roles across the UK, Europe and Internationally. We place senior-level interim and permanent positions from global multinationals to SMEs, across Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector and Technology & Professional Services.
Take a look at our website at www.langleysearch.com, join our LinkedIn community at http://bit.ly/1MzkDeV and follow us on Twitter @LangleySearch for the latest industry insight, news and more exciting opportunities. As the leading niche recruiter of Procurement and end-to-end Supply Chain jobs we also provide valued career advice and support services for candidates.
Unfortunately due to the high levels of response we receive, we are often unable to personally respond to every application. If you are suitable for the role for which you have applied or another role, we will contact you within 3 working days.