My Client a leading Brand is currently looking for a specialist Category Manager. The Category Manager will report to the Director of Procurement helping internal stakeholders gain best value from their spend portfolio. You will join the current team in delivering strategic and tactical procurement projects in Technology, Corporate Services, Events & Travel categories.
You will work closely with the various department to run tendering processes, contract negotiations and ongoing vendor management. You will get immediately involved in projects that are currently running and must be able to manage procurement projects to tight deadlines.
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to see a diverse set of projects and experience technology, sourcing and procurement with an amazing brand.
- Sourcing and procurement experience, across the categories of Technology, Professional Services & Travel & Events
- Building relationships with key divisions and individuals to ascertain and understand stakeholder, business and customer requirements, strategy, challenges and opportunities.
- Experience of developing best practice governance, procedures and policies which protect the business from risk
- Experience working in blue chip organisations.
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Procurement technical skills including negotiation skills, contract drafting, drafting of relevant RfPs etc and use of category management techniques in setting category plans
- The ability to draw together requirements across multiple or individual business units and gain consensus on the procurement plan from the business
- Excellent interpersonal/influencing skills.
For more information about this exciting role and if you meet the criteria, please submit your details without delay to info @langleysearch .com quoting MB/7727.
Langley Search & Selection (langleysearch .com) is the leading specialist recruiter in the procurement, supply chain and purchasing field. We manage permanent and interim procurement and supply chain jobs across the UK, Europe and globally for our clients, from large global multinationals to SMEs