Supply Chain Lead required to join a distribution / retail company on a permanent basis to be based in the Bristol area. Salary in the region of £30 - £35K with a generous benefits package.
The role of Supply Chain Lead represents an excellent opportunity for the successful applicant to join a financially stable and rapidly growing, Bristol-based organisation on a permanent basis.
Our client a market-leading distributor based in the Bristol area is recruiting a Supply Chain Lead to join their expanding Supply Chain and Procurement Function.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager and joining the Planning and Operations department represents an excellent opportunity for the successful applicant. Within this highly visible role, the successful applicant will work in a cross-functional manner to manage logistics service levels, improve sales, reduce costs and maximise on time in full ( OTIF ) performance across all categories.
Having performed extremely well during the Covid19 pandemic, my client are now seeking to upskill their supply chain team to ensure that they are well placed to continue to grow both domestically and internationally.
What you will do:
- Manage the global Logistics of goods from suppliers to our warehouse network
- Managing a team
- Deliver 98% On time In Full product availability
- You will work directly with the category leadership team to support sales of £400m across own brand and 3rd party brands
- Ensure that stock supports promotional campaigns as well as normal trading patterns
- Collaborate with Demand Planners to ensure Forecasts and Product availability are harmonised
- Manage imports from The Far East and Asia
- Raising and pursuing orders to minimise out of stocks
- Manage the stock Optimisation plans for remote warehouses
Who we are looking for:
- Strong End to End Supply Chain Knowledge:
- Demonstrable career success in Logistics, Imports, Stock, Inventory, Warehouse optimisation etc
- Proven track record of managing imports of Finished Goods from global suppliers
- Your supply chain and Logistics career success to date will ideally have been within an FMCG, Retail or similar fast moving, high volume sector
- Highly IT literate: Strong MS Office, Intermediate / advanced Excel, ERP systems etc
- Existing team leader/management responsibility, able to lead and develop teams
- Applicants' CV’s will need to demonstrate their ability to work in a proactive and commercially minded manner – highlighting where YOU made an impact such as: Implementing new processes, reducing costs, improving departmental Supply Chain KPIs / SLA’s etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: Comfortable writing reports, leading/participating in cross functional meetings and leading presentations
- You MUST be able to work and remain in the UK on an indefinite /long term basis with no restrictions
- Currently residing in the UK, overseas applicants will not be considered.
What’s on offer:
Salary in the region of £30 - £35K
A generous benefits package
The chance to join a stable and growing company who promotes from within and offers excellent career prospects.