Leeds, West Yorkshire
- The Materials Controller is responsible for ensuring that materials are ordered and effectively managed within the required timescales meeting the demands of the Master Production Schedule.
- The person will work with suppliers and cross functionally with Planning, Operations, Warehouse and Procurement to ensure timely delivery of incoming products.
- To manage supplier performance on a day-to-day basis including weekly expediting and understanding of any potential risks to plans.
- Elevation of any problems and driving through corrective actions agreed.
- Managing Non Conformance issues in line with the Supply Chain Manager and ensuring corrective actions are firmly in place and any compensation owed, is effectively delivered.
- Establish and ensure compliance to clear inventory policies and procedures.
- Playing a key role in the implementation of the Company’s investment in a new ERP System, going forwards.
- Ensuring sufficient inventory of materials and services to meet customer and business needs.
- Maintain maximum and minimum stock levels to ensure timely material availability.
- Work closely with Production Planner to forecast levels of demand for materials and services to meet customer and business needs adjusting as appropriate in reaction to changes
- Analyse production demand by building systems and reports through MRP and ERP.
- Ensure stock accuracy and transactional precision within operations and business systems data.
- Contribute to Risk Management through close supplier relationships and market awareness.
- Manage supplier and sub-contractor delivery schedules and ensure compliance with quality specification.
- Assist investigating raw material variances and actions to correct data. •
- Analyse existing processes and KPIs, supporting improvements and implement actions
- Weekly reporting of direct and indirect Materials and order cover within the supply chain.
- Undertake regular supplier development and vendor rating to drive service improvement and provide a measure for the quality provided
- Purchase business related items driving cost efficiencies and general administration as required.
- Experience gained within a manufacturing environment
- Material Management Experience
- Understanding of inventory control process
- Solid experience of MRP transactions
- IT literate