My Client a leading organisation is currently looking for a specialist IT Procurement Manager. The IT Procurement Manager will report into the Head of Procurement helping internal stakeholders gain best value from their IT contract portfolio. You will join the current team in delivering strategic and tactical IT procurement projects in IT categories with an emphasis on software as a service.
You will work closely with the CTO to run tendering processes, IT contract negotiations and with ongoing vendor management. You will get immediately involved in projects that are currently running and must be able to manage procurement projects to tight deadlines.
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to see a diverse set of projects and experience technology, sourcing and procurement in a very interesting sector.
- IT sourcing and procurement experience, across the categories of software, Cloud & Digital
- Expertise in Contract drafting and negotiation, ideally with the CIPS contract law module
- Building relationships with key divisions and individuals to ascertain and understand stakeholder, business and customer requirements, strategy, challenges and opportunities.
- Experience of the project lifecycle, IT implementations and life in IT departments
- Experience of developing best practice governance, procedures and policies which protect the business from risk
- Experience in the technology sector would be advantageous but not essential
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent and MCIPS
- Excellent leadership and people management skills. The ability to coach and develop.
- Procurement technical skills including negotiation skills, contract drafting, drafting of relevant RfPs etc and use of category management techniques in setting category plans
- The ability to draw together requirements across multiple or individual business units and gain consensus on the procurement plan from the business
- Excellent interpersonal/influencing skills.
- Demonstrate you are a team player, a good networker who will add value to any team.