My Client a Private Equity owned energy platform business, are currently looking for a Head of Supplier & Account Manager The Head of Supplier & Account Manager will report to the CFO and be accountable for maintaining and improving the existing Supplier relationships. This includes ensuring on-time delivery across the supply base ensuring prices remain competitive and coverage is extensive across the UK.
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to work with a leading organisation that they can really have a hand on shaping and developing. The role will be based remotely, with travel to suppliers.
In this role, you will…
- Be a member of the management team, leading the Supply team and shaping the Supply strategy.
- Build strong working relationships with both suppliers across the UK and colleagues across the business; understand their priorities and help them understand yours.
- Build, lead, manage and mentor a Supply team encompassing Account Management, Supply Operations and Resolutions (dealing with Supply issues impartially and resolving them to the satisfaction of both client and the supplier).
- Refine & improve the clients offering to customers & contractual relationships with suppliers.
- Ensure the right supply KPIs are in place and are managed effectively.
- Work with the Operations Team to make sure that the clients get the right balance between supply and Operations, and processes are clear between both departments.
- Ensure that the Supply roadmap is well communicated and understood across the wider team. Improve the level of Supply and process understanding across the business.
- Great commercial ability, communication, and relationship management. Comfortable working and negotiating with people from national businesses down to sole suppliers
- Curiosity and a love of process and optimisation. You can always see a better way to do things and get excited about the opportunity to create new processes and experiment with existing ones.
- Passion for leading teams and at least 5 years experience in a Supply Chain role, ideally in a business that uses technology and data. You know that delivering high-quality service depends on having a great team in place and skilful leadership and management of them.
- A data-driven and analytical mindset. You know how to ask the right questions to get to actionable outcomes, how to design processes and use KPIs to measure their effectiveness.
- Good judgement and the ability to stay calm under pressure. You have superb organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
For more information about this exciting role and if you meet the criteria, please submit your details without delay to info @langleysearch .com quoting MB/7724.
Langley Search & Selection (langleysearch . com) is the leading specialist recruiter in the procurement, supply chain and purchasing field. We manage permanent and interim procurement and supply chain jobs across the UK, Europe and globally for our clients, from large global multinationals to SMEs