A Manufacturing Director is sought for a technology manufacturing company located in West Suffolk. Salary up to £100K with benefits including car allowance, pension, bonus + more
The Director of Manufacturing oversees multiple global plants, which manufacture technically advanced products. Accountability for ensuring that health, safety, environmental, customer, quality, cost, and delivery requirements are met, you will also develop continuous improvement and technically advanced manufacturing principles
Ultimately you will maximise manufacturing output, increase company profitability and help to lead and develop the teams during a period of significant sales growth and business expansion
What you’ll be doing?
- Responsible for leading group manufacturing you will ensure a high focus on Health, Safety and Wellness by promoting a culture of safety first.
- Ensure that all products are manufactured in a cost effective, quality, profitable and timely manner, in alignment with specifications and quality requirements.
- Manage Production and Manufacturing departments, ensuring production output is consistently delivered.
- Ensure environmental considerations, improvements and targets are at the heart of manufacturing operations. Lead and contribute to the ESG strategy and initiatives.
- Implementation of new and advanced technology.
- Responsible for the manufacturing budget, annual forecast, and CAPEX proposals.
- Supervise CAPEX purchases, plant maintenance and facilities.
- Ensure a continuous improvement culture, develop, and train Lean methodologies
- Through personal example promote Codes of Conduct, ensure the team follows the Code and manage non-compliance.
- Communicate and maintain good relationships with Unions
Whom we are looking for:
- Successful applicants will have a proven record of accomplishment ideally with a blend of high-value, low-volume, and low value high volume, manual and automated global manufacturing operation.
- Extensive multiple site manufacturing plant management success utilising Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen and CI methodologies
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, able to define long-term strategic goals
- Commercial and Financial acumen, proficiency in managing budgets, forecasting and metrics
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems experience
- Willing to travel overseas once per quarter.
- Knowledge of IOSH/NEBOSH, ISO standards
- Spanish language is a plus.
- Management of an ESG manufacturing strategy is beneficial
- Already based in the UK, eligible to remain on an indefinite basis and are willing to work onsite full time