A Head of Engineering is sought for a technology manufacturing company. Permanent role, to be based on-site, in West Suffolk, on a full-time basis. Competitive salary with excellent benefits including car allowance, pension, bonus + more
The Head of Engineering Leads Hardware and Software engineering teams to deliver the group NPD (new product development) strategy, develop their capability to meet key deliverables, and act as a change agent for innovation, bringing a commercial and customer-centric mindset to the function.
Collaborating with Customers to understand their needs so they can be engineered into automated and manual product ranges and with Product Managers, you will ensure that the company's and customers’ objectives are aligned with, and built into the technology strategy.
As an expert in manufactured hardware and software engineering, you will help drive long-term automated manufacturing solutions that support increased sales and growing market share.
What you’ll be doing
- Leadership and management of multi-disciplined, hardware and software Engineering teams,
- Global new process technology development and implementation for manufacturing sites
- Identify automated technical product improvements
- Partner with manufacturing sites and third-party suppliers to manage new technical developments
- Identify and resolve technical engineering problems that arise in manufacturing facilities
- Manage Software Test as a function, ensuring high quality for all New Products
- Management of the NPI programme in line with cost and quality targets
- Define the annual Engineering budget, manage expenditure
- Train employees to engage with customers and develop key client relationships
- Assure that all safety, regulatory and ESG measures are met
Whom we are looking for:
- Successful applicants will have a proven record of senior-level accomplishment within a similarly high-value, low-volume complex engineering and manufacturing operation.
- Success in leading hardware and software Engineering teams
- Proven ability to manage complex, multidisciplinary engineering projects
- Up to date with engineering innovations including Automation, Robotics, AI etc.
- Demonstrable history of successfully developing and motivate teams
- Extensive NPD and NPI management, able to develop relationships with customers and suppliers
- Ideally possess a relevant engineering degree
- You will already be based in the UK, are eligible to remain on an indefinite basis
- Willing to work onsite, full time.
What’s on offer? Competitive Salary, + car allowance, Bonus, Medical Insurance, Pension etc
Langley is exclusively retained to manage this process on behalf of our client, full disclosure of salary and package will be provided to those applicants who are verbally contacted during shortlisting.