Sourcing Manager required to join a global business. Permanent role, remote / home-based, offering a salary in the region of £50 - £100K p/a with benefits.
The Sourcing Manager joins a FORTUNE 250 company, a leading provider of business- distribution, logistics and supply chain solutions for Electrical and Electronic products and services to the Communications, Utility and Broadband sectors.
Joining a new and rapidly expanding Global division offers the successful applicant the opportunity to build the business unit's Procurement function from the ground up.
Responsible for the management of direct and indirect purchasing spend the appointed Sourcing Manager will in time, build a team of staff. Largely working with a UK Vendor base you will ensure that all procurement strategies meet the needs of the global client base.
Within this highly autonomous role you will work with stakeholders, vendors and clients on a global basis. With dotted lines to C & D suite stakeholders, you will act as the internal Lead on all matters relating to procurement.
- Lead and plan sourcing events, vendor engagement, evaluation and selection
- Ensure product cost competitiveness and high service levels within purchasing categories
- Manage Direct spend for Finished Goods, Components, Materials etc
- General Indirect spend management for the business unit
- Implement efficient sourcing strategies and processes for transactional and strategic buying ensuring supplies and services are available at the lowest total cost
- Spend in the region of £25m-£30M p/a
- Category Management: Take lead and own cost savings initiatives
- Build relationships with key Vendors to better understand suppliers’ business models to improve the quality and pricing of products and services,
- Build relationships with business leaders up to the Board
- Manages and leads functional teams involved in sourcing initiatives
- Implement KPIs: Cost savings, quality, reliability and working capital.
- Proven best practice category management and strategic sourcing processes
- Demonstrable history of improving the quality and service level of direct and indirect goods and services
- Able to manage medium to large global transformation procurement projects
- Able to design and implement a strategic sourcing function,
- Expert knowledge of purchasing strategy, processes, and technology
- Strong ERP and IT systems usage
- Procure 2 Pay processes
- Degree in Supply Chain or a Business related field is required
- Experience to date ideally gained in an Electrical / Electronic Service Provider
- Demonstrable track record of working in a highly complex, global business
- Your CV will provide clear examples of cost reductions and process improvements
- Have negotiated highly complex procurement contracts worth millions of pounds
- Expert knowledge of key contractual international purchasing law
- Proven usage of online sourcing platforms
- Financial acumen: Total Cost of Ownership models is required
- Excellent communication, leadership and presentation skills are required
- Currently residing in and remain in the UK on an indefinite/long term basis
What’s on offer?
Salary in the region of £50-£100K, Bonus, Pension, etc. Remote based role with the option of hybrid / site based work if desired
Please apply quoting reference TB/7850
Langley are a diverse, minority-owned business and we are passionate about promoting diversity and equality. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, disability status or gender and particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds.