My client a market leading organisation are seeking to hire a Supply Chain Graduate / Supply Chain Planner. Nottingham based, permanent role, salary in the region of £22 – 28K with generous benefits.
The primary focus of the supply chain planning team is to ensure inventory is optimised and to provide high quality demand and supply forecasts for the business to use in the planning and purchasing of raw materials and stock lines
As my client continues to grow and enjoy significant sales success they are upskilling their supply chain function within the planning team. This represents an excellent opportunity for a degree educated supply chain graduate or someone in the earlier stages of their career to join a business who can help their career flourish.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The Planning team’s main responsibilities are to produce high quality sales forecasts, feeding the inventory and replenishment planning process
- Achieve optimum stock levels within the constraints of the plan, whilst minimising stock outs and overstocks
- Demand Planning to manage forecasts over a 24-month horizon, considering history, level, seasonality, trends and market intelligence
- Improve supply chain forecast accuracy (MAPE)
- Identify areas of underperformance and ensure robust actions are in place to improve the overall forecast
- Planning – Use the Replenishment Planning tool to evaluate the best planning strategies for individual products and suppliers
- Support buyers and purchasing, advising, monitoring, evaluating and making recommendations that ensure continuous improvement
- Manage Inventory to achieve 95% + service levels
- Ensure good stock availability to meet the company’s service level targets whilst minimising and reducing excess and obsolete inventory.
- Review and amend optimal stock holdings by SKU and the best Safety stock policy.
- Ensure the successful introduction of new products by applying the most appropriate forecasts, purchasing strategies and safety stocks.
- Continue to improve the forecasting and planning strategies to ensure services levels of 95%+ are achieved.
- Lead monthly forecast review meetings, measure results against sales plans.
Who we are looking for:
- Suitable applicants will either be educated to degree level holding a formal supply chain management degree
- Or be educated to A Level and be in the early stages of your supply chain career
- Applicants must be able to work and remain in the UK on an indefinite basis
- Ideally advance or intermediate Excel user
- Possess strong supply chain knowledge and understands how demand planning and forecasting can impact on the broader business
- Highly analytical and comfortable working with large volumes of data
- Able to compile and create reports that can be used across the business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Overseas applicants seeking to relocate to the UK or applicants who need sponsorship will not be considered.
What’s on offer:
Salary in the region of £22 - £24K for graduates
Salary up to £28K for applicants with existing supply chain
Generous benefits package including: Bonus, Health Insurance, Life Insurance and more.
The chance to join a stable and growing business