Langley Search & Interim is proud to be partnering exclusively with London Metropolitan University to recruit a Procurement Business Partner to join the team as it moves into the next exciting phase of its growth.
About The University
Transforming lives through excellent education
London Metropolitan University is a striving and ambitious institution committed to transforming the lives of its students through excellent education.
We are committed to making education available to people from all walks of life, creating and advancing social justice, social mobility and access to opportunity and professions. Our graduates benefit personally, but also contribute to society, culture, public service, and the economy in all areas of London, the UK and around the world.
About The Post
We are looking to recruit a Procurement Business Partner who will be responsible for leading, developing and delivering category management strategy across all areas of Central Services indirect spend.
- To act as a Business Partner providing procurement support and guidance to LMU stakeholders ensuring continuous high standards of delivery using an agile approach.
- To assist the Head of Procurement in developing and implementing the corporate procurement policy and strategy in support of the University’s strategic plan.
- To provide support, advice and guidance on financial governance, procurement regulations and UK/EU legislation.
- To influence a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, establishing strong relationships, using a business partner approach, through regular clear communication, training, and support.
- To assist in the development of a suite of guidance/process documentation in line with the Head of Procurement.
- To assist in the design and preparation of the Procurement intranet pages to facilitate access to clear procurement guidelines and documentation in line with the Head of Procurement.
- To apply commercial knowledge to support procurement activity providing stakeholders with information and innovative/creative solutions whilst ensuring compliance and best value for money at the highest standard of delivery.
- To undertake quotation and/or tender exercises to assist the University’s purchasing team in procuring requirements using the University’s electronic tendering system. This will include preparation of tendering and supporting documentation for complex projects/contracts ensuring successful delivery from concept to completion and contract award.
- To support cross category activity and provide cover for the Estates/IT Procurement Business Partners as and when required
- To work in conjunction with the Head of Procurement to deliver continuous improvement and efficiencies of the procurement processes through analytical research of best practice.
- Work with the London Universities Purchasing Consortium (LUPC) on diverse category frameworks to ensure the University’s needs are met through taking part in evaluation exercises or attending commodity group meetings.
- You will be a highly motivated individual, passionate about best practice procurement and committed to delivering results with high precision and accuracy.
- You will category management experience in procurement within a higher education or related public sector procurement environment.
- You will be a proven influencer who naturally builds rapport and is comfortable developing strong relationships at a senior level.
- You will have expert-level negotiation skills with experience negotiating high profile contracts.
- Hybrid working
- Generous leave entitlement
- LPFA (London Pensions Fund Authority) pension
- Free employee eye tests and discounted spectacles through our eye care voucher scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after completing probationary period)
- Tax-efficient salary sacrifice schemes for childcare vouchers, cycles and cycling equipment
- A broad range of formal and informal development opportunities to enhance your career
Permanent / Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Location: Holloway (Tower Building/Remotely)
This position closes for applications on Thursday 20th October at 12pm and interviews will be held the following week (w/c Monday 24th October).
For further information please contact:
Simon Burr, Associate Director, Public Sector Practice | Langley Search & Interim | T: 0333 366 0839 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org