We are seeking an experienced Category Buyer or Category Manager to join this expanding public sector procurement team in North London.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious procurement professional to join an expanding team at an incredibly exciting point in its journey. The organisation is in a very strong position with some big projects on the horizon. The procurement team is expanding to move from being a smaller more generalist function to embedding a category managed approach and focusing more strategically on delivering value for money through high quality supplier arrangements.
- To support the Procurement Managers on a variety of strategic projects, developing clear and detailed sourcing plans within your assigned categories.
- To draft, negotiate and agree clear, concise, and complete contractual documentation.
- To inform and support the development of category strategies through extensive internal and external research and analysis to support the wider organisational strategy.
- To ensure market developments and innovation are monitored and considered to continually align and update sourcing and category strategies, identifying opportunities which can create a competitive advantage for the organisation.
- To work with cross functional project teams to deliver projects on time and with the best outcome for the organisation.
- To establish an effective network and influence internal stakeholders, to support procurement objectives and decision making.
- To maintain full compliance with all contract governance activities within agreed processes and timescales, ensuring all appropriate parties are consulted and informed.
- An organised and efficient purchasing specialist who can demonstrate credible, trusted stakeholder engagement at all levels.
- An analytical thinker with the proven ability to navigate and interpret multiple data sources to inform commercial, legal / contracting and supply decisions.
- An individual with strong, professional, and refined negotiation skills coupled with sound commercial acumen and understanding of complex organisational issues.
- An excellent project manager committed to providing high levels of service.
- Ability to spot opportunities from an existing client base.
You will have relevant experience as an indirect Category Buyer, Category Specialist or Procurement Category Manager with a practical knowledge of the end-to-end tendering process covering any of the following category areas of spend:
Facilities Management, Estates, Professional Services, HR, Staffing & Consultancy, Pathology, Social Care, Patient Services.
The position is initially available on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
For further information please apply or call +44 (0) 333 366 0839 quoting the job reference.
Langley Search & Selection Ltd is a diverse, minority-owned business and we are passionate about promoting diversity and equality. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, disability status or gender and particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds.