Working for a Local Authority the successful candidate will be part of the senior management team and have overall responsibility for commercial procurement activity across a number of diverse spend areas including HR, ICT, Fleet and Transport. This is an excellent opportunity to lead a developing team who are focussed on driving a culture of delivering value for money and social value.
Key deliverables include:-
- Lead and develop a dynamic commercial procurement team through inspirational leadership and playing an active role in the creation and monitoring of bespoke staff development plans.
- Provide expert advice on procurement strategies, business plans, tender processes and contract management practices.
- Lead engagement with internal and external stakeholders to drive collaboration, best practice sharing and value for money outcomes.
- Oversee contract management assurance reviews to ensure appropriate procurements and contracts from across all tiers are meeting business plans and agreed strategic outcomes. Lead assurance of complex and high value procurements and contracts.
- Establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to all aspects of commercial procurement including measuring actual performance against targets and presenting results to Senior Management.
The successful candidate will ideally bring a blend of:-
- Extensive experience and successful track record leading a commercial procurement area operating in a diverse range of categories covering high risk, high value and complex spend.
- Strong commercial leadership and judgement with a well-developed ability to identify and achieve efficiencies.
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience of procurement best practice and commercial delivery within a centralised function, ideally gained in both the private and public sector.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to be collaborative and nurture a team-working spirit.
For further information please submit your details in a Microsoft Word format to email@example.com or call +44(0)844 847 8336 quoting reference 7625NR
Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in procurement and the supply chain across the UK, Europe and internationally. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in procurement and supply chain jobs, Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates.
Unfortunately due to the high levels of response we receive, we are often unable to personally respond to every application. If you are suitable for the role for which you have applied or another role, we will contact you within 5 working days