My client is a Fortune 500 Global Retail organisation based in Hertfordshire. I am assisting them with an IT Category. They are looking for someone to develop and assist with the IT category.
Reporting to the Category Manager the role involves:
- Building relationships with key divisions and individuals to ascertain and understand stakeholder, business and customer requirements, strategy, challenges and opportunities.
- Developing and delivering a procurement plan that aligns with the wider sourcing plan and delivers savings/ROI and other value-added benefits
- Developing policies and procedures that add value to their business culture
You should have the following knowledge & experience:
- Knowledge of relevant supply markets will be advantageous. Personally, managed a wide range of IT areas of spend (e.g., Data, AI, Software, Infrastructure & Hardware)
- Excellent business knowledge and awareness
- Evidence of working in a non-mandated environment and penetrating difficult areas of spend where there may have been significant initial stakeholder resistance
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent and MCIPS
- Experience of developing best practice governance, procedures and policies which protect the business from risk
Ideally, you should have the following skills:
- Excellent leadership skills.
- The ability to coach.
- Procurement technical skills including negotiation skills, contract drafting, drafting of relevant RfPs etc and use of category management techniques in setting category plans
- The ability to draw together requirements across multiple or individual business units and gain consensus on the procurement plan from the business
- Excellent interpersonal/influencing skills
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Ideally, be of degree calibre
- Demonstrate you are a team player, a good networker who will add value to any team
For more information about this exciting role and if you meet the criteria, please submit your details without delay to email@example.com quoting MB/8057.
Langley Search & Selection (langleysearch.com) is the leading specialist recruiter in the procurement, supply chain and purchasing field. We manage permanent and interim procurement and supply chain jobs across the UK, Europe and globally for our clients, from large global multinationals to SMEs