A Buyer is required to join our client, a market leading manufacturer in Hemel Hempstead. Permanent role paying £35-£40K, with benefits, including CIPS training. Office based 4 days p/w, 1 flexi day.
Our client design and manufacture bespoke solutions for major retail brands. Based within the Procurement team of the broader Supply Chain function, this offers an excellent opportunity for a Buyer to join a global, market leading organisation who can offer long term career development including CIPS training.
- Analyse MRP requisitions, place purchase orders across all procurement categories.
- Optimise levels of stockholding and inventory to minimise losses.
- Collaborate with key suppliers, identify and report areas of concern and benchmark success
- Build and maintain partnerships with the global supply chain team both overseas and in the UK
- Ensure that inbound shipments from global suppliers meet SLA’s and KPI’s
- Assist the Purchasing Manager by compiling and analysing RFQ
- Maintain a close working relationship with Managers ensuring that all aspects of supply, inventory and policy are discussed and agreed.
- Work closely to support customers, designers and engineers to source new products to remain at the forefront of industry innovation.
- Represent the procurement department and company by attending meetings internally and externally
- Support and participate in purchasing projects
Whom we are looking for:
- Existing purchasing, procurement or buying career successes is essential.
- Ideally your buying history will have been based within a manufacturing organisation
- Understanding of warehouse, production and inventory processes is desirable.
- Demonstrable evidence of buying, ideally from the Far East
- Ability to utilise effective negotiation and persuasion skills is essential.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience of working and developing MRP systems.
- Ability to work within with stakeholders at all levels including suppliers and clients.
- Eligible to work and remain in the UK on an indefinite basis
- Overseas applicants and / or those requiring Visa sponsorship are not suitable.
What’s on offer:
Permanent role, Salary in the region of £35-£40k, pension, CIPS training.