A Transport Manager is required, to join a Maidstone-based manufacturer. A permanent, site-based role 5:00am to 2:30pm, Monday to Friday.
The UK Transport Manager is a new role that joins a growing manufacturing business to lead UK deliveries, whilst ensuring that sales growth is fully supported by the Goods-In, Despatch, Fleet and outsourced Logistics providers to deliver the highest quality service to customers.
Joining a stable business this new role has arisen due to significant increases in sales and offers the successful job holder the opportunity to put their stamp on the operation, lead the team to greater levels of success and personally grow and develop.
What you will do:
- Manage the day-to-day running of the Transport department, Goods In, Despatch and delivery
- Lead the daily movements of raw materials from suppliers
- Identify potential freight and logistics issues that may impact lead times
- Team management, including workload allocation, appraisals, holiday/sickness cover etc
- Ensure an excellent end-customer experience
- Maintain transport pricing and create delivery planning and forecasting reports in the MRP system
- Review stock picking, inventory checking, loading and quality control processes and procedures
Whom we are looking for:
- Proven experience managing Delivery, Goods-In and Despatch Team to UK customers
- Demonstrable history of leading the delivery of manufactured goods to UK business customers
- Expert understanding of final mile logistics
- High levels of awareness of customer service and how drivers and deliveries represent the company
- Expert knowledge of UK logistics
- A proven people leader, able to a team of circa 15 staff
- Intermediate/advanced Excel
- Existing usage of MRP/ERP software is beneficial
- You will already be based in the UK, and be eligible to work and remain on an indefinite basis
- Applicants must work onsite from 5am to 2:30pm, Monday to Friday
What is on offer: Salary will be disclosed to applicants during an initial briefing call