A Project Manager is urgently sought for a manufacturing/engineering company.
Due to a variety of exciting New Product Launches and Developments, this role is being hired to give the engineering team a professional Project Management focus. You will have a proven track record of Project Management with Software and Hardware Engineers
What you’ll be doing?
- Manage engineering projects to deliver the agreed product roadmap for hardware products
- Train and develop teams on Agile/Waterfall to ensure the correct methodology is used and testing is completed according to plan
- Ensure necessary resources support agreed hardware and software projects
- Develop project plans from design to testing and manufacturing
- Manage the R&D programme to deliver new product launches and developments, ensure plans are in place for each part of the Product Development Road
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers to map detailed product requirement and specifications
- Put in governance to manage projects successfully
- Develop Release notes and technical documents with Product Managers
- Review and report on progress and deliver projects on time and within budget
Whom we are looking for
- Successful applicants will have a proven record of project management within engineering and manufacturing organisations
- Experience in delivering complex, manufactured, products to market is essential
- Strong technical awareness of mechanical and electronic products and systems
- Experience of working with inhouse software/hardware teams and onsite manufacturing
- Knowledge and practical experience of using Waterfall and Agile methodologies to deliver technical products
- Proven system build, test, verification and release process management
- Already based in the UK and are eligible to work for 6 months,
- Able to start work ASAP
- Willing to work onsite, full time
What’s on offer?
6-month contract, day rate in the region of £500 - £575 p/d, Outside IR35. Alternatively, my client may consider hiring on a Fixed Term Contract basis.