My client a leading Financial Services Firm is
currently looking for a specialist Infrastructure Category Lead.
You will work closely with the Head of Infrastructure to run tendering processes, Infrastructure, contract negotiations and ongoing vendor management. You will get immediately involved in projects that are currently running and must be able to manage procurement projects to tight deadlines.
- In-depth IT sourcing and procurement experience, across the categories of Datacenters Hardware, Networks & Hosting
- Building relationships with crucial divisions and individuals to ascertain and understand stakeholder, business and customer requirements, strategy, challenges, and opportunities.
- Experience in the project lifecycle, IT implementations and life in IT departments
- Experience in developing best practice governance, procedures and policies which protect the business from risk
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in engaging and influencing stakeholders to the C-Suite level.
- Procurement technical skills including negotiation skills, contract drafting, drafting of relevant RfPs etc and use of category management techniques in setting category plans
- The ability to draw together requirements across multiple or individual business units and gain consensus on the procurement plan from the business
- Strong ability to develop and executive Procurement Strategy.
- Previous experience within large, matrix organisations.
- Excellent interpersonal/influencing skills.
- Demonstrate you are a team player and a good networker who will add value to any team.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
For more information about this exciting role and if you meet the criteria, please submit your details without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting MB/8034.
Langley Search & Selection (langleysearch.com) is the leading specialist recruiter in the procurement, supply chain and purchasing field. We manage permanent and interim procurement and supply chain jobs across the UK, Europe and globally for our clients, from large global multinationals to SMEs