Our client is a global professional services company is working exclusively with Langley Search & Interim to find a number of Commercial Managers. In this role, you will support their bidding and post-contract management process in the Public Sector, Infrastructure (building & construction, transport and business services), TMT & Corporate service market sectors. This role will be responsible for:
- Leading/supporting negotiations with clients in the Public Sector, Infrastructure Sectors, and TMT Sectors & Corporate Services Sectors.
- Influencing and upskilling key stakeholders on how to approach negotiations and bid processes
- Identifying opportunities to improve commercial frameworks on current contracts and pitches
- Undertaking market pricing reviews and guidance on fee escalation methodologies
- Guiding on participation in competitive tendering/framework processes, including framing responses and value/pricing methodologies
You should have the following:
- Deep commercial domain experience of the Government/Public Sector/Infrastructure Sector/TMT & Corporate Services. You will have the knowledge & understanding of the way procurement operates in these sectors, their constraints, metrics, processes, mindsets & commercial strengths & weaknesses (including OJEU processes)
- Experience of working in procurement in senior roles in the Services Category/Sector may be advantageous
- Strong interpersonal/influencing skills at the ‘C’ level both internally and externally with clients.
- A commercial sales and entrepreneurial orientation – a team player who is not interested in the glory
- Be a proven strong negotiator who can improve profitability/margin whilst increasing repeat business and reputation for our client
- Have worked successfully on projects with multi-million-pound value and criticality
- Experience in shaping operating models to create a sustainable legacy that allows bids to be effectively challenged internally prior to submission
- An understanding of complex contracts including multi-entity/multi-country or global contracts may be advantageous.
- Of degree calibre, MBA and/or CIPS is desirable
This role is based in London, however, some travel may be involved.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 333 366 0839 quoting MB//7860.
Langley Search & Interim are a diverse, minority-owned business and we are passionate about promoting diversity and equality. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, disability status or gender and particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds.
Take a look at our website www.langleysearch.com, join our LinkedIn community at http://bit.ly/1MzkDeV and follow us on Twitter @LangleySearch for the latest industry insight, news and more exciting opportunities.