My Client, a leading Technology company is for a Buyer with experience in sourcing electrical components and sourcing in Asia and the Far East.
You’ll be expected to:
- Lead in the purchase and supply of procured goods and services
- Use good procurement practises and commercial experience to achieve best commercial terms and product quality
- Manage and build relationships with far east supply base
- Co-ordinate international shipping from overseas suppliers
- Manage and develop strong working relationships with supply base and internal stakeholders
- Deal with post PO issues such as invoice and booking in queries
- Own and manage technical query process between supplier and Kane engineers
- Identify and assess new supply options for current and upcoming purchasing requirements
- Where required provide support on strategic sourcing projects
- Assist in supplier quality monitoring and KPI reporting
- Effectively and efficiently manage MRP suggestions ensuring part availability and correct stock level
Please only apply if you have proven experience of:
- Purchasing components, mouldings and other specified materials from far east sources
- Using MRP software
- Implementing best procurement methods and processes
- Cost reduction experience using benchmarking, negotiation & or process improvement
- Ability to think laterally to overcome short term supply issues
- Excellent planning, communication & organisation skills
- A good understanding of MRP and potential issues arising from its use
- High level of PC literacy with familiarity of ERP systems
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 333 366 0839 quoting MB//7866.
Langley Search & Interim are a diverse, minority-owned business and we are passionate about promoting diversity and equality. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, disability status or gender and particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds.
Take a look at our website www.langleysearch.com, join our LinkedIn community at http://bit.ly/1MzkDeV and follow us on Twitter @LangleySearch for the latest industry insight, news and more exciting opportunities.