Logistics Network Planner required to join our client a FMCG business in the East Midlands Derby/ Nottingham area. Permanent role paying circa £22,500 to £27,000p/a + bonus, pension and more
The Logistics Network Analyst joins the Logistics Function of a multi-site, UK based, manufacturer and is responsible for maximising stock availability and customer service at the lowest possible cost
The Network Planner builds stock plans to share with Transport and Warehouse to maximise efficient usage of warehouses whilst meeting customer SLA’s and KPI’s within agreed stock levels
Logistics performance and success is maximised by managing stock holding and optimising the movement of stock & inventory across multiple plants and Warehouses. You will analyse warehouse capacity in all manufacturing sites, issuing daily shunt plans to warehouse / transport teams that maximise vehicle fill rates
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring stock & Inventory flows around the Manufacturing network, adhering to lead times, transport legs and warehouse capacities.
- Carry out effective warehouse network capacity planning issuing plans to warehouse and transport.
- Analyse the safety times by material & plant and maintain the Network Planning master data.
- Translate Demand forecasts and production plans into daily shunt plans,
- Lead transport meetings to ensure best use of warehouse space & vehicles.
- Manage changes to SKUs in the planning process.
- Manage the balance and movement of customer despatch points in a cost effective and productive manner.
- Investigate all availability shortages, implementing corrective actions.
- Active management of stock to minimise the risk of obsolescence.
Who we are looking for:
- Existing usage of warehouse planning systems
- Stong understanding of how to identify Logistics constraints and optimisie Distribution plans
- Inventory and Stock Management
- Knowledge and experience of SAP is advantageous
- Possess strong Excel skills
- Commercially minded your CV will demonstrate your success at reducing costs, improving customer service levels and OTIF performance
- Career success to date gained in FMCG / Food / Drink / Cosmetics manufacturing companies, or within a Head office 3PL role that services the FMCG sectors
- This is a multi-site, highly complex operation, applicants from single site environments are not suitable
- Educated to degree level or hold an Industry specific qualification such as APICs, CIPs. CILT
- Recent Supply Chain / Logistics Graduates are welcome to apply who are able to work on the Graduate Visa Program.
- Currently residing in the UK and eligible to work and remain with no need for sponsorship
- Due to the high volume of suitable UK based job seekers, overseas applicants will not be shortlisted
What is on offer:
Salary: £22,500 to £27,000, Bonus, Life Insurance, Pension + Excellent Long Career Prospects