A procurement Specialist is needed for an FMCG manufacturing company. Permanent role based onsite in Leicester. Salary in the region of £38-£40K + benefits.
Joining the Procurement function, you will support the Purchasing Managers in coordinating, managing, and implementing purchasing initiatives and processes. Supporting day-to-day procurement challenges, you will be the point of escalation, driving problem resolution and conducting root cause analysis.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Analyse and document current purchasing processes, and improve the efficiency of service between the Supply Chain and Procurement functions
- Identification of procurement risk and opportunities, driving added value and improved ways of working
- Manage Group information requests (RFIs) to support the Procurement Teams and Customers.
- Analyse and support tender processes.
- Management of Supplier Scorecards and KPIs
- Support Supplier Management, and Supplier Relationship projects.
- Ensure compliance of contractual agreements in place.
- Day-to-day management of Suppliers
- Support NPD by sourcing new materials when required
- Work closely with the Supply Chain team, driving improved ways of working
- Educated to A level or higher
- Ideally, you will be studying CIPS qualified or are already qualified
- Proven track record of purchasing success gained in FMCG or similar fast moving, low value sectors.
- Intermediate/advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills, able to manipulate large and varied volumes of data.
- Strong communication skills, able to influence suppliers and colleagues in a collaborative manner
- Willing to work onsite, full time
- Driver license
- Eligible to work and remain in the UK on an indefinite basis.