My Client is a leading organisation in their field. They are currently looking for a specialist Category Lead – Utilities/Energy with experience in the Coal, Electricity, NG, and liquid fuels, Solar PV, Wind, AD, and EfW categories. The Category Lead will report to the Procurement Director helping internal stakeholders gain best value from their Utilities & Energy spend portfolio. You will join the current team in delivering strategic projects.
You will work closely with the rest of the team to run tendering processes, utilities & energy contract negotiations, and ongoing vendor management. You will get immediately involved in projects that are currently running and must be able to manage procurement projects to tight deadlines.
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to see a diverse set of projects and experience, sourcing and procurement in a very interesting sector.
- Utilities & Energy sourcing and procurement experience, across the categories of Coal, Electricity, NG, and liquid fuels, Solar PV, Wind, AD, and EfW
- Expertise in Contract drafting and negotiation, ideally with the CIPS contract law module
- Building relationships with key divisions and individuals to ascertain and understand stakeholder, business, and customer requirements, strategy, challenges, and opportunities.
- Experience of the project lifecycle, contract implementations
- Experience of developing best practice governance, procedures, and policies that protect the business from risk
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent and MCIPS
- Excellent leadership. The ability to coach and develop.
- Procurement technical skills including negotiation skills, contract drafting, drafting of relevant RfPs etc and use of category management techniques in setting category plans
- The ability to draw together requirements across multiple or individual business units and gain consensus on the procurement plan from the business.
- Technical understanding of utility markets
- Excellent interpersonal/influencing skills.
- Demonstrate you are a team player, a good networker who will add value to any team.
For more information about this exciting role and if you meet the criteria, please submit your details without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting MB/7956.
Langley Search & Selection (langleysearch.com) is the leading specialist recruiter in the procurement, supply chain and purchasing field. We manage permanent and interim procurement and supply chain jobs across the UK, Europe and globally for our clients, from large global multinationals to SMEs