Our client is a leading brand that is currently looking for a specialist Category Manager - HR & Consultancy & Travel. The Category Manager will report into the Head of Procurement helping internal stakeholders gain best value from their spend portfolio. You will join the current team in delivering strategic and tactical procurement projects in HR, Professional Services & Travel categories.
You will work closely with the HR department to run tendering processes, contract negotiations and ongoing vendor management. You will get immediately involved in projects that are currently running and must be able to manage procurement projects to tight deadlines.
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to see a diverse set of projects and experience technology, sourcing and procurement with an amazing brand.
- Sourcing and procurement experience, across the categories of HR, Professional Services & Travel
- Building relationships with key divisions and individuals to ascertain and understand stakeholder, business and customer requirements, strategy, challenges and opportunities.
- Experience of developing best practice governance, procedures and policies which protect the business from risk
- Experience working in blue chip organisations.
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Procurement technical skills including negotiation skills, contract drafting, drafting of relevant RfPs etc and use of category management techniques in setting category plans
- The ability to draw together requirements across multiple or individual business units and gain consensus on the procurement plan from the business
- Excellent interpersonal/influencing skills.
- MCIPS qualified is mandatory
For more information about this exciting role and if you meet the criteria, please submit your details and current/last package without delay to Christina.Langley@langleysearch.com quoting 7665/CL
Langley Search & Interim supplies Category Managers in the London area and in the UK. Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in procurement and the supply chain across the UK, Europe and internationally. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in procurement and supply chain jobs, Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates.
Key skills and areas: procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, HR Procurement, Professional Services Procurement, Legal Services Procurement, Consultancy, Contract negotiation, supplier relationship management SRM, vendor management, stakeholder management, purchasing
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive for posted roles, unfortunately we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we have not been in contact within a week, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We thank you for your continued interest in working with Langley Search & Interim.