A Head of Engineering is sought for a technology manufacturing company.A hybrid role, site located in West Suffolk / Bury St Edmunds offering a competitive salary with benefits including car allowance, pension, bonus + more
The Head of Engineering Leads the NPD (new product development) strategy by working closely with Customers to understand their needs so they can be engineered into automated and manual product ranges. By collaborating with Product Managers, you will ensure that the company's and customers’ objectives are aligned with, and built into the technology strategy
You will lead the Robotics, mechatronic and software engineering teams, develop their capability to meet key deliverables, and act as a change agent for innovation to bring the team on the customer journey.
An expert in Robotics products engineering you will drive the long-term automated manufacturing solutions that increase sales and market share.
What you’ll be doing:
- Management of multi-disciplined Engineering teams, including performance management, career development, and resource planning.
- Global new process technology development and implementation for manufacturing sites
- Identify automated technical product improvements
- Partner with manufacturing sites and third-party suppliers to manage new technical developments
- Identify and resolve technical engineering problems that arise in manufacturing facilities
- Manage Software Test as a function, ensuring high quality for all New Products
- Management of the NPI programme in line with cost and quality targets
- Define the annual Engineering budget, manage expenditure
- Motivate technical teams to engage with customers and develop key client relationships
- Assure that all safety, regulatory and ESG measures are met
- Attend trade fairs, supplier meetings, conferences and exhibitions
- Encourage awareness and active participation in ESG and wellness initiatives.
Whom we are looking for:
- Successful applicants will have a proven record of accomplishment within a similarly high-value, low-volume complex engineering and manufacturing operation.
- Experience in leading multidisciplinary Engineering teams with the proven ability to manage complex, multidisciplinary engineering projects
- Up to date with engineering innovations including Robotics, Automation, Software, AI etc.
- A hands-on leader able to successfully develop and motivate employees
- Extensive NPD and NPI management, able to develop relationships with customers and suppliers
- A solid commitment to supporting ESG, specifically the environment, promoting diversity and operating ethically
- Relevant engineering degree
- You will already be based in the UK, are eligible to remain on an indefinite basis and be willing to work onsite 3 days’ per week
What’s on offer?
Competitive Salary, + car allowance, Bonus, Medical Insurance, Pension etc
Langley is exclusively retained to manage this process on behalf of our client, full disclosure of salary and package will be provided to those applicants who are verbally contacted during shortlisting.