Our client a leading FTSE 250 Information Technology company is looking for an influential procurement professional to improve and drive best practice across their procurement portfolio. The main categories of focus will be IT/Technology Services.
The culture of the company is open, professional, and accountable. This individual will have the responsibility of evolving and implementing strategic sourcing and category management. In addition, this individual will have experience influencing and educating busy senior managers about best practice procurement.
You will have experience working within a developed procurement function; rapidly sourcing information, engaging with key stakeholders, analysing spend, creating workable processes and policies to result in tangible cost reductions and more strategic procurement with a focus on a number of different spends across IT & Technology.
The ability to demonstrate the value of strategic procurement to the key stakeholders and provide evidence of cost savings via a more considered purchasing plan.
- Manage contract performance of key suppliers, measuring performance and driving better supplier delivery in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Experience in a category management role, e.g., end-to-end sourcing and supplier management for IT & Technology spend
- Ability to and evidence of rapidly coming to strong commercial conclusions
- IT Procurement experience.
- Experienced in creating formal strategic procurement plans for an established function.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Skilled negotiator specifically.
- Ability to and experience in influencing commercial decisions at board level
- Strong Excel and IT skills are essential,
For more information about this exciting role and if you meet the criteria, please submit your details without delay to email@example.com quoting MB/8026.
Langley Search & Selection (langleysearch.com) is the leading specialist recruiter in the procurement, supply chain and purchasing field. We manage permanent and interim procurement and supply chain jobs across the UK, Europe and globally for our clients, from large global multinationals to SMEs.