My Client, a leading Consulting firm is currently looking for a Procurement Consultant. The Procurement Consultant will help clients stakeholders gain best value from their Construction & Built Environment contract portfolio.
You will work closely with the Delivery Teams and provide Procurement & Supply Chain consultancy. You will help clients and run tendering processes, contract negotiations and ongoing vendor management. You will get immediately involved in projects that are currently running and must be able to manage procurement projects to tight deadlines.
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to see a diverse set of projects and experience sourcing and procurement in a very interesting sector.
- Extensive experience in Procurement & Supply Chain Management in Built Environment
- Experience in drafting procurement strategies and tender evaluation reports for construction projects
- Expertise in Contract drafting and negotiation, ideally with the CIPS contract law module
- Building relationships with key clients and delivery teams to ascertain and understand stakeholder, business and customer requirements, strategy, challenges and opportunities.
- Ability to plan and manage a tendering process from inception to Contract Award on significant projects;
- Experience in developing best practice governance, procedures and policies which protect the business from risk
- Experience in the Construction & Built environment would be advantageous but not essential
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent and MCIPS
- Understanding and application of contract forms such as NEC, JCT, FIDIC. Experience in other forms
- Procurement technical skills including negotiation skills, contract drafting, drafting of relevant RfPs etc and use of category management techniques in setting category plans
- Excellent interpersonal/influencing skills.
For more information about this exciting role and if you meet the criteria, please submit your details without delay to email@example.com quoting MB/7693.
Langley Search & Interim (langleysearch.com) is the leading specialist recruiter in the procurement, supply chain and purchasing field. We manage permanent and interim procurement and supply chain jobs across the UK, Europe and globally for our clients, from large global multinationals to SMEs