My Client a niche procurement consultancy is currently looking for a specialist IT Category Manager. The IT Category Manager will report into the Director Onsite at one of their prominent clients. You will be helping their clients gain best value from their IT portfolio. You will join the current team in delivering strategic and tactical IT procurement projects in IT categories.
You will work closely with the client to run tendering processes, IT contract negotiations and with ongoing vendor management. You will get immediately involved in projects that are currently running and must be able to manage procurement projects to tight deadlines.
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to see a diverse set of projects and experience technology, sourcing and procurement in a very interesting sector.
- IT/ sourcing and procurement experience, across the categories of hardware, software, telecoms & professional services.
- Expertise in Contract drafting and negotiation,
- Building relationships with key divisions and individuals to ascertain and understand stakeholder, business and customer requirements, strategy, challenges and opportunities.
- Experience of the project lifecycle, IT implementations and life in IT departments
- Experience of developing best practice governance, procedures and policies which protect the business from risk
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent and CIPS, MCIPS or FCIPS qualified.
- Procurement technical skills including negotiation skills, contract drafting, drafting of relevant RfPs etc and use of category management techniques in setting category plans
- The ability to draw together requirements across multiple or individual business units and gain consensus on the procurement plan from the business
- Excellent interpersonal/influencing skills.
- Demonstrate you are a team player, a good networker who will add value to any team.
For more information about this exciting role and if you meet the criteria, please submit your details without delay to email@example.com quoting MB/7608.
Langley Search & Selection (langleysearch.com) is the leading specialist recruiter in the procurement, supply chain and purchasing field. We manage permanent and interim procurement and supply chain jobs across the UK, Europe and globally for our clients, from large global multinationals to SMEs