Supply Chain Director required to join a technology manufacturing company in Suffolk / West Suffolk / Bury St Edmunds on a hybrid basis. Permanent role paying £75K - £100K P/A + Benefits
The Supply Chain Director is a newly created role that joins a market-leading, global manufacturing, organisation that is rapidly growing due to increased sales volumes and acquisitions.
Reporting to the overseas-based VP of Operations the Director will be responsible for the success of the End to End Supply Chain encompassing; Procurement, Logistics, Distribution, Demand Planning, Forecasting, Inventory Management, and Manufacturing.
As a key member of the leadership team, you will play a highly visible and active role in the success of the business by continually optimising supply chain performance to drive revenue growth, maximise profits, minimise costs and meet or exceed customer expectations.
In addition, you will lead and develop the global supply chain culture and structure to ensure long-term career progression and succession are maximised to support planned headcount growth.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the End to End supply chain with teams in Europe the America’s and Far East
- Responsible for Manufacturing, Demand Planning, Purchasing, Logistics, Distribution and Inventory
- Coach, lead and support the Demand, Production, Procurement and Logistics Managers
- Partner closely with the CFO to maximise profitability, minimise costs, increase cash flow etc.
- Develop the procurement strategy to deliver cost improvements and increase supply continuity
- Collaborate with 3Pls to drive performance and reduce logistics, distribution, freight and duty costs
- Develop, lead and drive the SIOP / S&OP / IBP process
- Improve Forecasting accuracy to best in class at aggregate and SKU level
- Identify continuous supply chain improvements
- Develop value stream mapping and assess lead times, identify ways to add value
- Lead and manage multi-disciplined project teams through to delivery
- Build and develop the business culture to foster internal career progression and succession planning
- Integrate acquisitions into the group, merge operations and align differing cultures into the group
- The confidence, success and self-belief to walk into a totally new role, identity how to make an impact and then deliver short, medium and long term success
Who we are looking for:
- Suitable applicants will possess a global end-to-end supply chain skillset with a demonstrable history of leading and developing teams.
- Expert Supply Chain knowledge of: SIOP, Demand Planning, Purchasing, Logistics, Production, Manufacturing and Inventory Management.
- Commercially minded your CV will demonstrate your success at reducing costs, improving customer service levels and OTIF performance
- Strategically aware you will align the needs of the supply chain to drive the organisations success
- A successful self-starter who is comfortable working within teams and in a highly autonomous manner
- Proven track record of leading and developing teams of staff both domestically and globally
- Able to develop the teams and broader businesses culture
- Existing responsibility for multiple sites, either domestically or on a global basis
- Applicants from Technology, IT hardware, White Goods, Consumer Electronics sectors are of high appeal
- Existing ERP, SAP, and Sales Force usage is advantageous
- Educated to MBA / degree level and /or an Industry-specific qualification: APICs, CIPs etc.
- Applicants must be eligible to work and remain in the UK, due to the high volume of UK based job seekers, overseas applicants will not be shortlisted
What is on offer?
Salary in the region of £75K - £100K, Bonus, Car, Medical Insurance, Pension
Defined Hybrid / flexible work policy: