Our client ,a global market leading manufacturer of high end electrical products, is hiring for the new position of International Trade Compliance Manager. This is a permanent role, based in Munich. Salary – up to E90,000, Car allowance, bonus etc benefits
You will bring your expertise in global trade in order to streamline operations whilst minimising the financial, logistical and legal impacts of the international supply chain operations.
We seek an individual who can build and coordinate complex international trade activity across the organisation in collaboration with multiple manufacturing sites, sales offices and 3PL partners across a global supply chain.
- Primary responsibility for customs and import/export compliance into/from Germany.
- Implement a trade compliance program adhering to local customs laws of multiple countries.
- Ensure imports and exports comply with both country of origin and international trade regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all customs regulations for import/export and foreign trade/foreign trade law, documentation, declarations etc.
- Processes shipments efficiently through customs by ensuring Country of origin, Tariff codes and Part descriptions are correct
- Review and optimise processes to minimise shipping and duty costs.
- Investigate the use of preferential origin, inward processing relief and other mechanisms to avoid unnecessary duty costs.
- Deal with chamber of commerce to obtain certificates of origin
- Lead compliance Audits including evidence of supplier declarations and originating status for preference declarations.
- Automate Certificates of Origin
- Help the company achieve Authorised Exporter status
As a prerequisite you will have extensive knowledge of Customs Regulations in multiple countries within Germany the UK, EU, Far East and America’s. Including up to date knowledge of German customs and import/export compliance along with exceptional English & German language skills
- Extensive and demonstrable experience in import/export, customs, and customs clearance
- Detailed knowledge of preferential origin requirements, classification and commodity codes, tariff classifications, customs valuations and origin determination
- Experience in liaising with International Transport, Imports, Exports and Freight agents to ensure adherence to compliance.
- Educated to degree level
- Ideally trained as a certified specialist clerk for foreign trade
- Industry specific Supply Chain / Logistics qualifications are beneficial
- Spanish and / or Mandarin language skills are advantageous
- Able to work and remain in Germany on an indefinite basis.
Joining a global provider of broadcast and cinematography solutions, our client designs, manufactures and distributes technically advanced products for broadcasters and production companies to enable the capture and sharing of exceptional images.
With ten sales, service and engineering locations and two manufacturing sites, products are available globally in more than 70 countries. Joining the EMEA German office, the role reports to the Global Supply Chain Director in the UK and functionally to the Global Head of Operations based in the America’s.
The division is rapidly growing leading to increased supply chain complexity, furthermore Brexit, Covid and rising manufacturing and shipping costs have now led to the creation of the new role of Global Trade and Compliance Manager.
What’s on offer:
Salary up to E90,000, car allowance, bonus, pension, health. Flexible work pattern, 2 / 3 split between the Munich office and remote location