Our client a rapidly growing wholesaler is seeking to hire multiple Buyers on a 12 month fixed term contract basis. Salary £28k – £38K with great benefits. Nottingham office with hybrid home working on a 2/3 split
The primary focus of the buyer is to identify and maximise opportunities with suppliers, ensure quality product availability, develop supplier relationships and create new supplier partnerships to meet and exceed our customer expectations.
The Buyer is a key member within the procurement team and is responsible for maintaining and improving supplier performance and negotiating competitive terms from Global suppliers within your category.
By identifying cost reduction opportunities, you will use your procurement experience to realise monetary savings without compromising on quality or delivery.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead performance and spend for your global suppliers based both in the UK and internationally
- Negotiation of pricing, rebates, supply chain agreements and supplier contracts
- Deliver cost reduction initiatives through negotiation
- Sourcing of new suppliers both ensuring conformance to quality standards and certification
- Identify opportunities for improvement and speedy resolution of purchasing issues
- Analyse and identify risk throughout the supply base, mitigate their impact and improve performance
Whom we are looking for:
- A demonstrable history of buying/purchasing/procurement within a fast-moving sector
- Proven track record of sourcing finished goods and products from a global supply base
- Knowledge and experience of commercial buying and understanding of supply chain techniques
- Experience in successfully managing multiple supplier accounts both in the UK and globally
- Strong commercial and financial awareness
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to work closely and influence others
- Ideally, be working towards a CIPs qualification
- Degree education is desirable
- Advance or intermediate Excel user
- Applicants must be able to work and remain in the UK for at least 12months
- Overseas applicants / those who need sponsorship will not be considered
What’s on offer?
12 month fixed term contract, Salary in the region of £28 - £38K. Hybrid work location. Typically 3 days per week at home / 2 in the Nottingham office.
Langley Search & Interim is a leading specialist recruiter in the procurement, supply chain and logistics field. We manage permanent and interim procurement and supply chain jobs across the UK, Europe and globally for our clients, from large global multinationals to SMEs
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive for posted roles, unfortunately, we are unable to personally respond to each applicant. If we have not been in contact within a week, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We thank you for your continued interest in working with Langley Search & Interim.