An Interim Manufacturing Manager is urgently required to join our client, a technology manufacturing company in West Suffolk / Bury St Edmunds. 8 month fixed term contract, site based role, paying up to £90K p/a on a pro rata basis.
Leading a high value, low volume, complex manufacturing site the main objective of the contract is to cover long-term illness. The ongoing absence of the permanent jobholder, along with the impacts of global inflation and Brexit is resulting in increased lead times, rising material costs and a lack of onsite leadership.
Responsible for the manufacture of premium, technically advanced products with full accountability for H&S, environmental, customer, quality, cost and delivery. Initially steadying the operation, your efforts will then develop and foster an environment of Continuous Improvement and implement Lean Manufacturing methodologies whilst offering the team increased support and personal development through inspirational leadership.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that products are manufactured in a cost effective, timely manner meeting specifications and quality requirements
- Deliver manufacturing production plans
- Set Manufacturing and Production KPI’s, review and assess ongoing performance.
- Manage Production and Manufacturing departments.
- Maintain the high focus on Health & Safety via ongoing reviews of accidents/near misses
- Responsible for the manufacturing budget, forecasts and Cap Ex proposals
- Lead the team in contributing ESG initiatives, ensure environmental considerations, improvements and targets are included in all operations
- Ensure a continuous improvement culture is embedded, develop and train methodologies
- Ensure excellent communication between departments to resolve manufacturing issues effectively and promptly
- Recruit, develop and coach a high performing manufacturing team
- Create an environment of trust and transparency where everyone is working to their optimal level and has opportunities to grow
- Communicate and maintain good relationships with Union to ensure ongoing respectful collaboration
Whom we are looking for:
Suitable applicants will have a proven record of accomplishment within a similar high value, low volume, complex manufacturing environment. The ability to start ASAP and commit to a period of 8 months is essential.
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree, or HND Btec Professional level 5 Award
- Extensive manufacturing / plant management experience
- Ideally, your career success has been gained within sectors to include: Electronics, Electrical, Electro-Mechanical, IT hardware, Consumer electronics etc.
- Expert Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen etc. continuous improvement methodologies
- Proficiency in managing financial budgets and forecasting
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), SAP, or Sales Force systems experience is beneficial
- Understanding of relevant IOSH/NEBOSH, ISO standards
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Proven problem solving, team building, planning and decision making success
- Commercial and Financial acumen.
- Located locally / within a commutable distance – this is a site based role
- Able to work 2 nights per month
- Able to start work at short notice
- Eligible to work and remain in the UK for at least 8 months
What is on offer?
8 month, fixed term contract
Pro rata salary up to £90K, £7500 per month, £60K for 8 months. Bonus on completion, Medical Insurance, Pension
Applications from Interim Experts may be considered. Day rate in the region of £375 - £450 p/d