My Client, a leading Consulting firm is currently recruiting a Sustainable Procurement Manager. The role can be based in either Birmingham, Leeds, Newcastle or Manchester. The role reports to the Head of Procurement. The Sustainable Procurement Manager will support the firm in its aim for carbon reduction.
You will collaborate with the Procurement team. The main focus will be on embedding a sustainable, social value and ethical process and supply chain across all categories of spend.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about sustainable sourcing and wants to build a sustainable programme from scratch.
- Support procurement managers in their projects and engagements to ensure sustainability opportunities are identified and optimised in our procurements, agreed objectives continued and reported on
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of best in class sustainable procurement criteria across all key categories
- Working alongside category procurement, sustainability and EDI specialists to establish existing baselines and opportunities for improvement projects.
- Liaising with suppliers and functional owners as required to ensure we have meaningful and productive relationships with our key suppliers’ CSR teams.
- Identifying risk factors, such as Modern Slavery in our supply chain, and raising accordingly with colleagues
- Knowledge of the corporate procurement processes and how to reflect sustainable objectives in contracts.
- An understanding of carbon footprint reporting and how supply chains impact on an organisation’s performance
- Passionate about organisational sustainability and corporate responsibility
- Strong hands-on experience in implementing sustainable procurement initiatives and impacting positively on the performance of supply chains
For more information about this exciting role and if you meet the criteria, please submit your details without delay to info@langleysearch .com quoting MB/7726.
Langley Search & Interim (langleysearch . com) is the leading specialist recruiter in the procurement, supply chain and purchasing field. We manage permanent and interim procurement and supply chain jobs across the UK, Europe and globally for our clients, from large global multinationals to SMEs