We are seeking an experienced Purchasing professional with a stable background and experience delivering end-to-end high value construction and infrastructure procurements to join this public sector procurement team.
A long-term permanent opportunity has become available with this highly regarded organisation for a proven self-starter with Major Projects experience and the ability to deliver large and complex public procurements.
Within your role as Procurement Manager, you’ll have responsibility for ensuring that all aspects of the procurement cycle are planned and managed in consultation with the Procurement Lead to meet the programme delivery timelines.
These responsibilities will include:
- Stakeholder engagement
- Market analysis
- Supplier selection
- Formulating strategy
- Developing and delivering high quality procurement documents
- Evaluation and contract award with a well-developed understanding of the bidding process
You will be familiar with competitive negotiation, and you’ll have excellent communication skills combined with the ability to work closely with your peers in delivering concurrent projects to tight deadlines.
Initially you will have no direct reports, but with anticipated line management responsibilities in the future you will be someone with the ability to provide practical advice and strategic direction to your peers.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with both the Project Delivery and Commercial Delivery Teams across a matrix management structure.
- Working with Senior Leaders to develop both project and company-wide continuous improvement in procurement practice.
- Working flexibly with an office base at one of several locations in London, Greater London, the Home Counties & the West Midlands. You will have a great deal of work-from-home flexibility, but there will also be a requirement for you to be flexible with regular nationwide travel.
You will have a strong understanding of governance and legislation surrounding procurement, and knowledge of public procurement regulations is essential.
Please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV for more information. To ensure fair consideration is given, please include information about your involvement in any recent complex, high value public procurements within your CV.
Langley Search & Selection Ltd is a diverse, minority-owned business and we are passionate about promoting diversity and equality. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, disability status or gender and particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds.