Role: Director of Operations
Location: UK (Preference would be South East)
Salary: £120-150K BASE plus Exec Package
About Our Client
My client who are a leading Logistics/Shipping business and they are currently looking to attract the very best Director of Operations for this newly created role, which is due to continued expansion and recent acquisitions.
You will have responsibility for all the operational processes across all the transport modes and contract logistics. You will be looking to increase both productivity and efficiencies across the operation whilst also looking to increase service quality.
You will have responsibility for a large team therefore your leadership and communication skills need to come to the fore.
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day running of an operations team of around 120 employees.
- Responsible for the up-skilling of the current team through an active attitude towards coaching, mentoring and development.
- Develop and grow relationships with 3rd party suppliers (air, road and sea) in order to secure the most cost effective rates for our business..
- Offer strategic business direction through the collection and analysis of business statistics.
- Ensure that a quality service is provided to our customers in line with our SLA's.
- Generate new business relationships through active promotion of our brand.
- Direct responsibility for six Senior Managers on a daily basis.
- The role can essentially be based anywhere in the UK, there is a preference for a South East base. The role does potentially have some European travel involved.
The Successful Applicant
My client is actively looking to engage a dynamic leader, mentor and coach who can impart their passion and knowledge onto the wider business. Either currently working as a Operations Director or an established Senior Manager with strong leadership and mentoring skills would be perfect for this position.
The successful Operations Director will have many of the following attributes:
- Strong airfreight forwarding experience is essential for this role.
- Previous experience of remotely managing numerous teams.
- Commercially minded, with a desire to drive profitability whilst still providing outstanding customer service.
- Experience developing and lead teams through periods of change.
- Ideally educated to degree level (BSc, BA, or BEng) although not a prerequisite.
- Previous experience at a similar level within other Blue Chip or SME Logistics businesses.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 333 366 0839 quoting CS//7783.
Langley Search & Interim is a specialist search firm and interim provider of Procurement and end-to-end Supply Chain roles across the UK, Europe and Internationally. We place senior level interim and permanent positions from global multinationals to SMEs, across Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector and Technology & Professional Services.
Take a look at our website at www.langleysearch.com, join our LinkedIn community at http://bit.ly/1MzkDeV and follow us on Twitter @LangleySearch for the latest industry insight, news and more exciting opportunities. As the leading niche recruiter of Procurement and end-to-end Supply Chain jobs we also provide valued career advice and support services for candidates.
Unfortunately due to the high levels of response we receive, we are often unable to personally respond to every application. If you are suitable for the role for which you have applied or another role, we will contact you within 3 working days.