Our client is a leading Local Authority based West of London, with an established procurement team that has a good reputation for delivery. Reporting directly to the Head of Procurement, you will be a key player in the team with a focus on the commercial delivery of the Council’s projects across a wide variety of spend areas including highways, waste and other resident service contracts. You will:
- Manage a number of category projects at any given time; looking to redefine the Council's needs and requirements in order to ensure the best possible service delivery models. Able to work in cross-functional teams to enable optimum contracting
- Lead commercial negotiations with suppliers on all contracts in line with Public Sector Regulations requirements and have a good understanding of contract law
- Proactively seek new opportunities for the Council to buy and deliver services in innovative and more efficient ways
- Have knowledge of the category management process and its commercial value coupled with the ability to appropriately challenge key stakeholders
- Experience of supplier management (SRM) including managing and implementing KPIs and continuous improvement.
- Ideally degree qualified with CIPS or equivalent
For further information please send an updated CV and package details through to Christina.Langley@langleysearch.com quoting reference number 7561/CL/PERM.
Langley Search & Interim supplies Category Managers in the UK and internationally.
Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in procurement, supply chain, operational excellence and transformation roles across the UK, Europe and internationally. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial & Manufacturing, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in procurement, supply chain, operational excellence and transformation jobs Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates.
Key skills and areas: Procurement Manager, Category Manager, Procurement lead, Sourcing Manager, Purchasing Manager, Sourcing Specialist, procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, IT Procurement, Contract negotiation, supplier relationship management SRM, vendor management, stakeholder management, purchasing
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive for posted roles, unfortunately we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we have not been in contact within a week, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We thank you for your continued interest in working with Langley Search & Interim.