Langley Search & Interim has been retained by a Global Professional Services Companyto find a Commercial Manager. In this role you will support their bidding and post contract management process in the Public Sector including Infrastructure, Government & Health Market Sectors and you will report to the Commercial Director.
This role will be responsible for:
- Leading/supporting negotiations with clients in the Public Sector in Infrastructure, Government and Health Sectors
- Influencing and up skilling key stakeholders up to ‘C’ Level on how to approach negotiations and bid processes including running training programmes and producing thought leadership to shape the approach
- Identifying opportunities to improve commercial frameworks on current contracts and pitches
You should have the following:
- Deep commercial domain experience of the Government/Public Sector/Infrastructure or Health Sectors. You will have the knowledge & understanding of the way procurement/commercial teams operate in these sectors, their constraints, metrics, processes, mindsets & commercial strengths & weaknesses (including regulated and PSR processes)
- Experience of working in procurement in senior roles in the Professional Services or Services Category areas may be advantageous
- Strong interpersonal/influencing & communication skills at ‘C’ level both internally and externally.
- A commercial sales and entrepreneurial orientation – a team player who is not interested in the glory. Able to cope with ambiguity and balance conflicting priorities balancing workload to get the optimum outcomes.
- Be a proven strong negotiator who can improve profitability/margin whilst winning new business, increasing repeat business and the reputation of our client. Develop strategies for new bids that are critical for the business. Have worked successfully on projects with multi-million pound value and criticality
- Experience of shaping operating models to create a sustainable legacy that allows bids to be effectively challenged internally prior to submission
- An understanding of complex contracts including multi-entity/multi-country or global contracts may be advantageous.
- Of degree calibre, MBA and/or CIPS is desirable
Ideally this role will be based out of London although other key locations will be considered including Leeds and Birmingham. Considerable flexibility around working location is offered.
Interested? Then please email your CV and full package to Christina.Langley@langleysearch.com quoting 7644/CL
Langley Search & Interim supplies Commercial Managers & Senior Category Managers in London, Birmingham & Leeds in the UK. Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in procurement and the supply chain across the UK, Europe and internationally. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in procurement and supply chain jobs, Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates.
Key skills and areas: Commercial Manager, Commercial Director, Category Managers, Procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, HR Procurement, Professional Services Procurement, Legal Services Procurement, Consultancy, Contract negotiation, supplier relationship management SRM, vendor management, stakeholder management, purchasing
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive for posted roles, unfortunately we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we have not been in contact within a week, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We thank you for your continued interest in working with Langley Search & Interim.