Luton Council – Corporate Procurement Service opportunities
Procurement Manager X 2 - £38,813 - £41,675 + £2500 market supplement + £3203 car allowance
The Procurement Manager opportunities come with an excellent benefits package including a Local Authority pension scheme, attractive holiday allowance and the potential for flexible / home working. You will also benefit from investment in training and development, and the opportunity to shape your career in an environment where procurement is front and centre in shaping and delivering the commercial strategies that will drive a positive impact for the local economy and community.
We are working exclusively with our client, Luton Council, to recruit into two Procurement Managers roles that have been created as part of a key council 5 year strategy to deliver “Prosperity thorough Procurement”. This is an exciting time to join Luton Council’s procurement function, who are on a journey to deliver real and tangible positive benefits to the residents of Luton.
Lead by the Service Manager Procurement, the teams’ deliverables include:-
- Driving a commercial approach to contracting across the Council, in line with PCR2015 and internal governance
- Working collaboratively with other local public sector “anchor” institutions to maximise the impact that procurement activity can have on the communities of Luton and surrounding areas
- Development of a robust Social Value framework that aligns economic development, inclusive growth and our priority to eradicate poverty.
- Developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrating a robust strategic, commercial and collaborative approach.
Key Candidate Criteria:-
Hands-on experience / demonstrable understanding and working experience of PCR2015 / OJEU ideally gained from working across a number of category spend areas/directorates.
In conjunction with this, core competencies include:-
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience of procurement best practice and commercial delivery within a centralised function, ideally gained in both the private and public sectors.
- Experience of identifying / delivering cashable savings and value opportunities through creative and effective commercial practices
- Flexibility and adaptability to work across a number of different spend areas.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to be collaborative and nurture a team-working spirit.
- Proven line management skills (direct or matrix management) with the ability to develop individual team members
- MCIPS certification or working towards MCIPS or relevant experience working within a professional / commercial procurement environment.
For further information on these opportunities please submit your CV to email@example.com or call +44(0)844 847 8336. All direct applications will be forwarded on to Nathan Ramsay, Director of Public Sector Practice at Langley Search & Interim.
Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in procurement and the supply chain across the UK, Europe and internationally. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in procurement and supply chain jobs, Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates.
Unfortunately due to the high levels of response we receive, we are often unable to personally respond to every application. If you are suitable for the role for which you have applied or another role, we will contact you within 5 working days