My Client, a leading Broadcast Media organisation is currently looking for a specialist Senior IT/Digital Category Manager. The Senior IT/Digital Category Manager will report to the Head of Technology Procurement. You will be helping the business gain the best value from its Digital contract portfolio. You will join the current team in delivering strategic and tactical Digital procurement projects in IT/Digital categories.
You will work closely with the Technology/Digital teams to run tendering processes, contract negotiations and ongoing vendor management. You will get immediately involved in projects that are currently running and must be able to manage procurement projects to tight deadlines.
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to see a diverse set of projects and experience technology, sourcing and procurement in a very interesting sector.
- IT/Digital sourcing and procurement experience, across the categories of software & Digital
- Expertise in Contract drafting and negotiation, ideally with the CIPS contract law module
- Building relationships with key divisions and individuals to ascertain and understand stakeholder, business and customer requirements, strategy, challenges and opportunities.
- Experience of the project lifecycle, IT implementations and life in IT departments
- Experience of developing best practice governance, procedures and policies which protect the business from risk
- Experience in the Media sector would be advantageous but not essential
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent and MCIPS
- Excellent leadership and people management skills. The ability to coach and develop.
- Procurement technical skills including negotiation skills, contract drafting, drafting of relevant RfPs etc and use of category management techniques in setting category plans
- The ability to draw together requirements across multiple or individual business units and gain consensus on the procurement plan from the business
- Excellent interpersonal/influencing skills.
- Demonstrate you are a team player, a good networker who will add value to any team.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 333 366 0839 quoting MB//7811.
Langley Search & Interim is a specialist search firm and interim provider of Procurement and end-to-end Supply Chain roles across the UK, Europe and Internationally. We place senior-level interim and permanent positions from global multinationals to SMEs, across Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector and Technology & Professional Services.
Take a look at our website at www.langleysearch.com, join our LinkedIn community at http://bit.ly/1MzkDeV and follow us on Twitter @LangleySearch for the latest industry insight, news and more exciting opportunities. As the leading niche recruiter of Procurement and end-to-end Supply Chain jobs we also provide valued career advice and support services for candidates.
Unfortunately due to the high levels of response we receive, we are often unable to personally respond to every application. If you are suitable for the role for which you have applied or another role, we will contact you within 3 working days.