Langley Search & Interim is seeking a European Category Manager to work in a private equity owned European Manufacturing Business. You will report to the Global Procurement Director and will manage key projects on indirect spend e.g. MRO, Packaging, FM (Hard & Soft), Travel and some Capital projects.
Based in Manchester, you will work with divisions and multiple companies in the Group, forming cross functional teams to build and implement category plans.
You will have the following:
- Experience of working in indirect areas of spend (especially related to manufacturing environments)
- Ideally have co-ordinated complex procurement projects across multiple sites across Europe and worked in a cross cultural environment driving change with pace
- Excellent negotiation skills to drive efficiencies/performance improvement
- Excellent analytic skills and reporting skills
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills – an excellent communicator who is able to build rapport and relationships at all levels
- Excellent understanding of sourcing, supplier management and procurement processes and policies
- The ability to travel frequently
- Be of degree calibre and be MCIPS qualified
In return for your skills experience a salary of up to £75k plus bens is offered.
For further information please email your CV and current/last full package to Christina.Langley@langleysearch.com quoting 7510/CL/PERM
Langley Search & Interim supplies Indirect Category Managers and Indirect Procurement Managers across the UK & Europe. Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in procurement, supply chain, operational excellence and transformation roles across the UK, Europe and internationally. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial & Manufacturing, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in procurement, supply chain, operational excellence and transformation jobs Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates.
Key skills and areas: procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, indirects, MRO procurement, capex, contract negotiation, supplier relationship management SRM, vendor management, stakeholder management, purchasing
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive for posted roles, unfortunately we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we have not been in contact within a week, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We thank you for your continued interest in working with Langley Search & Interim.