Interested in setting up a new procurement role in a growing manufacturing business?
We are retained by our client, a growing, profitable & successful SME, to find their first Procurement Manager. Based in the Bristol area where their HQ and manufacturing are located, our client exports to over 25 countries and has an enviable market share in its sales markets for the niche products it produces.
Due to growth, this new role will manage the procurement of key raw materials (paper, foil, packaging and plastics) and some indirect areas of spend. This activity is currently being managed by the owner MD to whom you will report.
Your responsibilities will be to manage the contracting for these direct materials and work with product development/marketing to bring in innovation, review & expand the supply base and ensure ‘value for money’ and management of risk. You will conduct supplier audits to ensure consistent/rising quality standards are achieved alongside sustainability targets. Some travel may be involved both in the UK and internationally.
Ideally you will have the following:
- Knowledge of buying and putting in place detailed procurement category plans for key raw materials ideally including paper, foil, plastics and packaging.
- Experience of working in commodity markets both in the UK and internationally would be useful. Good analytical skills – numerate
- CIPS preferred but not essential
- Excellent negotiation and contract drafting skills – able to understand and influence the cost drivers while managing any risk
- Skilled in relationship management – both internally with key stakeholders and externally with suppliers/potential suppliers. Articulate and a good communicator
- Experience of working on supplier development for new product development/innovation projects would be advantageous
- An awareness of environmental, sustainability and standards issues
- A flexible style – willing to work at all levels and get your ‘hands dirty’ when needed – not interested in the glory! A natural team player.
In return for your expertise an excellent salary of up to £65k plus benefits is on offer.
Interested? For further information please email your CV and current package to Christina.Langley@langleysearch.com quoting 6418/CL.
Langley Search & Interim supplies Directs Procurement Managers in the South West & Bristol Area as well as around the UK. Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of permanent and interim recruitment solutions to fill jobs in procurement and the supply chain across the UK, Europe and internationally. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses & SMEs, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in procurement and supply chain jobs, Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates.
Key skills and areas: procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, HR Procurement, Professional Services Procurement, Legal Services Procurement, Consultancy, Contract negotiation, supplier relationship management SRM, vendor management, stakeholder management, purchasing
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive for posted roles, unfortunately we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we have not been in contact within a week, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We thank you for your continued interest in working with Langley Search & Interim.