Langley Search & Interim is currently working with a large global manufacturing client who has been expanding their operation in the UK.
They currently seek a Head of Indirects – Manufacturing to support key indirect categories across their manufacturing sites in the UK. It’s an exciting business where there is the opportunity to make your mark by working closely with stakeholders and suppliers supporting their business operations.
The role is based in the North East of the UK and will involve some UK travel.
Ideally you will have the following :
- Experience of managing indirect areas of spend and ideally this should include FM, capex, construction and other manufacturing indirect areas of spend
- Excellent stakeholder management skills both internally and externally with suppliers to enable performance improvement, mitigate risk and benefit from supplier innovation
- The ability to deliver in a complex organisational environment including multi-functional teams – a natural team player who is not interested in the glory
- Strong, demonstrable negotiation skills and experience
- A good understanding of contract law – able to draft contracts for goods and services optimally
- Used to working with whole life cycle costing models – sound commercial acumen who can think outside the box.
- Of degree calibre, MCIPS preferred
- Highly motivated and can work effectively with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication & time management experience
- Works well under pressure - not phased by ambiguity
Interested? Please contact me on Christina.Langley@langleysearch.com or call me on +44(0)7958 258258
Langley Search & Interim supplies Head of Indirect Procurement Category Managers in procurement in the UK and internationally.
Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in procurement and the supply chain across the UK, Europe and internationally. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in procurement and supply chain jobs, Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates.
Looking for interims? Visit our Langley iBoard to access available interim candidates: http://www.langleysearch.com/iBoard
Due to the high volume of applications we receive for posted roles, unfortunately we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we have not been in contact within a week, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We thank you for your continued interest in working with Langley Search & Interim.