Langley Search & Interim is working with a medium sized manufacturing client in the construction field based in Kent who is searching for an Interim Procurement Lead to carry out a diagnostic on the procurement needs for the business. They have no ‘professional procurement’ in the business currently and a spend of c. £50m but they are growing fast. You will also work on a project to put in commercial arrangements with key suppliers supporting the launch of a new product which is of key importance to the business. The role reports to the MD and has the backing of the Board.
You should have the following:
1. A knowledge of the construction sector – any knowledge of the supply base both in the UK and internationally will be useful.
2. Have excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels, internally and externally. Exhibit credibility and be able to work successfully with Directors/Senior Managers to make change happen.
3. Able to complete a diagnostic and recommendations which give the ‘direction of travel’ for procurement for the future
4. The ability to 'think on your feet' and do detailed contracting/supplier management – you will need a pragmatic approach to delivering outcomes
5. Innovate and identify opportunities for supplier rationalisation and improvement in terms of costs, cash flow improvements, risks and quality that support the Business Plan
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)844 847 8336 quoting 6352/LI/PERM
Visit our Langley iBoard to access available interim candidates who are currently available: http://www.langleysearch.com/iBoard
Langley Search & Interim supplies Interim Procurement Managers in the UK & London area. Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in procurement and the supply chain across the UK, Europe and internationally. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in procurement and supply chain jobs, Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive for posted roles, unfortunately we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we have not been in contact within a week, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We thank you for your continued interest in working with Langley Search & Interim.