Senior Category Manager - Indirects
Langley Search & Interim is currently working with a large global manufacturing capital equipment client who has been expanding their operation in the UK.
They currently seek a Senior Category Manager - Indirects with particular responsibility for IT (software, hardware, telecoms) and also other indirect areas including marketing and consultancy spend. It’s an exciting business where there is the opportunity to make your mark by working closely with stakeholders and suppliers.
The role is based in Central London and reports to the Head of Procurement.
Ideally you will have the following :
- Experience of managing indirect areas of spend and ideally this should include IT procurement
- Excellent stakeholder management skills both internally and externally with suppliers to enable performance improvement, mitigate risk and benefit from supplier innovation
- The ability to deliver in a complex organisational environment including multi-functional teams – a natural team player who is not interested in the glory
- Strong, demonstrable negotiation skills and experience
- A good understanding of contract law – able to draft contracts for goods and services optimally
- Used to working with whole life cycle costing models – sound commercial acumen who can think outside the box.
- Of degree calibre, MCIPS preferred but not essential
- Highly motivated and can work effectively with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication & time management experience
- Works well under pressure - not phased by ambiguity
Interested? Please contact us with your up to date CV and current/last full package or call +44(0)844 847 8336 quoting 6318/LI /PERM
Langley Search & Interim supplies Senior Category Managers in procurement in the UK and internationally.
Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in procurement and the supply chain across the UK, Europe and internationally. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in procurement and supply chain jobs, Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates.
Visit our Langley iBoard to access available interim candidates: http://www.langleysearch.com/iBoard
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive for posted roles, unfortunately we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we have not been in contact within a week, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We thank you for your continued interest in working with Langley Search & Interim.