A highly skilled and experienced procurement professional you’ll report to the Chief Finance Officer and be an integral part of the service developing, implementing and maintaining our Procurement Strategy, building and leading our newly created centralised, collaborative and commercially focussed Procurement Services team and keeping the University at the forefront of industry thinking.
Chief Finance Officer
Five direct reports; Four Sourcing Managers and Procurement Operations Manager
Nine staff members in total including two Procurement Officers and two apprentices.
- Chief Finance Officer, Director of Finance, Accounts Payable Manager
- Chief Operating Officer, Director of Estates, Deputy Director of Estates, HR Director
- Chief Information Officer, Head of Development & Application Services, Head of Infrastructure and Operations
- Registrar, Student Services, Head of Legal Services
- Deans, DCO’s amd all holders of significant budgets
Key suppliers and commercial partners, legal advisors, external auditors, Buying Bodies (CCS, SUPC etc) and peers in other universities.
The work will support the following University objectives:
To lead the University’s Procurement Services function, and to transform it into a leading edge and professional organisation through becoming more focused, more integrated, more disciplined through…
creating a centrally coordinated, highly effective procurement function with strong execution capability;
being highly credible through the delivery of substantial and sustainable savings,
being an integral strategic partner with Colleges / Support Functions and supply chain partners, and;
being a sustainable capability that is a strategic advantage for Brunel University London.